Notch Notification Mod

ROMs, Mods, Discussion and all other Topics about the Xiaomi Mi 8 (dipper).

Moderator: dr4kendroid

Post Reply
User avatar
Rokri7x
New Member
New Member
Posts: 4
Joined: 12 Apr 2019, 15:51
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 0

Notch Notification Mod

Post by Rokri7x » 12 Apr 2019, 15:56

From miui 9.3.28 every time I try to install Notch Notification Mod enable or disable it's always back to recovery mode (stock recovery/twrp)
Now in miui 9.4.11 every time I try to install Notch Notification Mod enable or disable it will be boot to home screen, but I can't do anything, only settings can work, the other applications said it's not installing, I can't take screenshot.
How to fix it?

User avatar
dr4kendroid
Developer / Admin
Developer / Admin
Posts: 1403
Joined: 21 Nov 2016, 09:20
Phone Model: Mi 5 , Mi 6
Has thanked: 123 times
Been thanked: 549 times
Contact:

Re: Notch Notification Mod

Post by dr4kendroid » 13 Apr 2019, 09:16

Rokri7x wrote:
12 Apr 2019, 15:56
From miui 9.3.28 every time I try to install Notch Notification Mod enable or disable it's always back to recovery mode (stock recovery/twrp)
Now in miui 9.4.11 every time I try to install Notch Notification Mod enable or disable it will be boot to home screen, but I can't do anything, only settings can work, the other applications said it's not installing, I can't take screenshot.
How to fix it?
I have tried the latest Mod for Mi 8 and there is no problem.
How exactly are you installing the mod ?
Please read the how to https://mi-globe.com/miui-notification- ... ch-phones/

-Download the ZIP File
-Copy the File to your phone/tablet
-Reboot to TWRP Recovery
-Select ‘Install ZIP from /sdcard’
-Select the ZIP File
-Install and Reboot

If you still have problems with our mod, please send us your /tmp/recovery.log from TWRP right after you flashed the Notch Mod Zip.
Image
Find us on Facebook

User avatar
Rokri7x
New Member
New Member
Posts: 4
Joined: 12 Apr 2019, 15:51
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 0

Re: Notch Notification Mod

Post by Rokri7x » 13 Apr 2019, 09:26

dr4kendroid wrote:
13 Apr 2019, 09:16
Rokri7x wrote:
12 Apr 2019, 15:56
From miui 9.3.28 every time I try to install Notch Notification Mod enable or disable it's always back to recovery mode (stock recovery/twrp)
Now in miui 9.4.11 every time I try to install Notch Notification Mod enable or disable it will be boot to home screen, but I can't do anything, only settings can work, the other applications said it's not installing, I can't take screenshot.
How to fix it?
I have tried the latest Mod for Mi 8 and there is no problem.
How exactly are you installing the mod ?
Please read the how to https://mi-globe.com/miui-notification- ... ch-phones/

-Download the ZIP File
-Copy the File to your phone/tablet
-Reboot to TWRP Recovery
-Select ‘Install ZIP from /sdcard’
-Select the ZIP File
-Install and Reboot

If you still have problems with our mod, please send us your /tmp/recovery.log from TWRP right after you flashed the Notch Mod Zip.
It's work well when I install mod on miui 9.3.21
here is the log, hope you can help me
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
dr4kendroid
Developer / Admin
Developer / Admin
Posts: 1403
Joined: 21 Nov 2016, 09:20
Phone Model: Mi 5 , Mi 6
Has thanked: 123 times
Been thanked: 549 times
Contact:

Re: Notch Notification Mod

Post by dr4kendroid » 13 Apr 2019, 09:56

Code: Select all

package_extract_file: Failed to extract entry "system/priv-app/MiuiSystemUI/MiuiSystemUI.apk" (106251002 bytes) to "/system/priv-app/MiuiSystemUI/MiuiSystemUI.apk": I/O error
This is your problem!

You can do the following:
-Reinstall TWRP with latest version.
or
-Completely wipe your phone (create backup first) and reformat /system partition in TWRP, then install ROM and notch mod again.
or
-Use mi-globe.com ROM with Notch Notification preinstalled.
Image
Find us on Facebook

User avatar
Rokri7x
New Member
New Member
Posts: 4
Joined: 12 Apr 2019, 15:51
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 0

Re: Notch Notification Mod

Post by Rokri7x » 13 Apr 2019, 11:46

dr4kendroid wrote:
13 Apr 2019, 09:56

Code: Select all

package_extract_file: Failed to extract entry "system/priv-app/MiuiSystemUI/MiuiSystemUI.apk" (106251002 bytes) to "/system/priv-app/MiuiSystemUI/MiuiSystemUI.apk": I/O error
This is your problem!

You can do the following:
-Reinstall TWRP with latest version.
or
-Completely wipe your phone (create backup first) and reformat /system partition in TWRP, then install ROM and notch mod again.
or
-Use mi-globe.com ROM with Notch Notification preinstalled.
how to change from global dev to mi-globe.com ROM? should i do all wipe? it is possible do it with dirty flash?

User avatar
dr4kendroid
Developer / Admin
Developer / Admin
Posts: 1403
Joined: 21 Nov 2016, 09:20
Phone Model: Mi 5 , Mi 6
Has thanked: 123 times
Been thanked: 549 times
Contact:

Re: Notch Notification Mod

Post by dr4kendroid » 13 Apr 2019, 14:43

Rokri7x wrote:
13 Apr 2019, 11:46
dr4kendroid wrote:
13 Apr 2019, 09:56

Code: Select all

package_extract_file: Failed to extract entry "system/priv-app/MiuiSystemUI/MiuiSystemUI.apk" (106251002 bytes) to "/system/priv-app/MiuiSystemUI/MiuiSystemUI.apk": I/O error
This is your problem!

You can do the following:
-Reinstall TWRP with latest version.
or
-Completely wipe your phone (create backup first) and reformat /system partition in TWRP, then install ROM and notch mod again.
or
-Use mi-globe.com ROM with Notch Notification preinstalled.
how to change from global dev to mi-globe.com ROM? should i do all wipe? it is possible do it with dirty flash?
Depends on the version, but you can allways try to flash without full wipe first. If you see any problems you should wipe data
These users thanked the author dr4kendroid for the post:
Rokri7x
Image
Find us on Facebook

User avatar
Rokri7x
New Member
New Member
Posts: 4
Joined: 12 Apr 2019, 15:51
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 0

Re: Notch Notification Mod

Post by Rokri7x » 14 Apr 2019, 12:31

Rokri7x wrote:
13 Apr 2019, 11:46
dr4kendroid wrote:
13 Apr 2019, 09:56

Code: Select all

package_extract_file: Failed to extract entry "system/priv-app/MiuiSystemUI/MiuiSystemUI.apk" (106251002 bytes) to "/system/priv-app/MiuiSystemUI/MiuiSystemUI.apk": I/O error
This is your problem!

You can do the following:
-Reinstall TWRP with latest version.
or
-Completely wipe your phone (create backup first) and reformat /system partition in TWRP, then install ROM and notch mod again.
or
-Use mi-globe.com ROM with Notch Notification preinstalled.
I have tried to reinstall TWRP with latest version and completely wipe my phone, and I still get same problem

I tried to use mi-globe.com ROM and I get error when almost finish the preparation, showing pop up error to try report bug to xiaomi and get back to welcome/Miui 10 window

Now I go back using Miui 10 9.4.11 global dev 😭

Post Reply