Need help with serious bootloop problem

ROMs, Mods, Discussion and all other Topics about the Xiaomi Mi 8 SE (sirius).

Moderator: dr4kendroid

dlian
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Need help with serious bootloop problem

Post by dlian » 09 Jan 2019, 13:37

My unlocked bootloader Mi-8SE was running well with v8.12.13 ROM and Magisk v16.6 root. I tried flashing the latest v9.1.3 ROM and Magisk v18 Stable with unofficial TWRP 3.2.3 but entered a bootloop with the MI logo. It was only after some searching that I learned this device doesn't seem to work with Magisk versions later than 16.6.

The device cannot boot in recovery mode nor is it detected by the ADB devices command. It can only enter Fastboot mode via the Power + Volume Down keys. But in Fastboot mode, it cannot be detected by the Fastboot devices command. My old Mi-4C can be detected by ADB, so I know it's the Mi-8SE which is not communicating with my PC.

I can't use Mi Flash to flash a stock ROM because the device can't be detected by ADB.

Can anyone point me to some guide to help me recover my device?

dr4kendroid
Developer / Admin
Developer / Admin
Phone Model: Mi 5 , Mi 6

Re: Need help with serious bootloop problem

Post by dr4kendroid » 09 Jan 2019, 14:44

dlian wrote:
09 Jan 2019, 13:37
My unlocked bootloader Mi-8SE was running well with v8.12.13 ROM and Magisk v16.6 root. I tried flashing the latest v9.1.3 ROM and Magisk v18 Stable with unofficial TWRP 3.2.3 but entered a bootloop with the MI logo. It was only after some searching that I learned this device doesn't seem to work with Magisk versions later than 16.6.

The device cannot boot in recovery mode nor is it detected by the ADB devices command. It can only enter Fastboot mode via the Power + Volume Down keys. But in Fastboot mode, it cannot be detected by the Fastboot devices command. My old Mi-4C can be detected by ADB, so I know it's the Mi-8SE which is not communicating with my PC.

I can't use Mi Flash to flash a stock ROM because the device can't be detected by ADB.

Can anyone point me to some guide to help me recover my device?
When you are able to boot into Fastboot mode you are fine.
Please check the following:
-Use original Mi-8SE USB-C Cable for connection
-Check your windows device manager for missing adb drivers
-Try to detect the phone via fastboot or the mi-flash tool