Question about Custom Rom

ROMs, Mods, Discussion and all other Topics about the Xiaomi RedMi Note 4 (nikel) and RedMi Note 4 X Qualcomm (mido).

Moderator: dr4kendroid

Smarlow
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Question about Custom Rom

Post by Smarlow » 05 Nov 2018, 03:38

Hello guys, I downloaded the latest Rom for my redmi note 4. I followed the steps, and the flashing process went well. However, I do not have any of the "expert settings". I still have the weather app, the clock is not centred, etc.

So, do you know what could happen?.
I used the "wipe data" option from TWRP, but it did not give me a fresh installation. I kept my apps and everything, despite I wanted to make a fresh install because I had MIUI 9, I read you recommended a fresh install from this sort of transitions. Could be due to this?.

thanks in advance guys!

Best!

Emilio

dr4kendroid
Developer / Admin
Developer / Admin
Phone Model: Mi 5 , Mi 6

Re: Question about Custom Rom

Post by dr4kendroid » 05 Nov 2018, 08:54

Smarlow wrote:
05 Nov 2018, 03:38
Hello guys, I downloaded the latest Rom for my redmi note 4. I followed the steps, and the flashing process went well. However, I do not have any of the "expert settings". I still have the weather app, the clock is not centred, etc.

So, do you know what could happen?.
I used the "wipe data" option from TWRP, but it did not give me a fresh installation. I kept my apps and everything, despite I wanted to make a fresh install because I had MIUI 9, I read you recommended a fresh install from this sort of transitions. Could be due to this?.

thanks in advance guys!

Best!

Emilio
When upgrading miui v9 to v10 you should do a full wipe (backup your data before)!
Please try it again that way and upload logfiles if you still have problems.
Find us on Facebook

Smarlow
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Question about Custom Rom

Post by Smarlow » 06 Nov 2018, 18:14

oohhh. Ok, I will and let you know what happened. probably I did something wrong in TWRP. because I tried to do that the first time, but it did not happen.

Thanks for your reply!

Best!

Emilio