MIUI Firmware ROM Builder Support Thread

MIUI Firmware Support Thread | Xiaomi Global custom ROM Community

Moderator: dr4kendroid

User avatar
dr4kendroid
Developer / Admin
Developer / Admin
Posts: 1467
Joined: 21 Nov 2016, 09:20
Phone Model: Mi 5 , Mi 6
Has thanked: 125 times
Been thanked: 563 times
Contact:

MIUI Firmware ROM Builder Support Thread

Post by dr4kendroid » 13 Jun 2019, 21:24

Image
Latest ROM Version:
9.7.18


Links
MIUI Firmware ROM-Builder
Changelog
About
How-To
FAQs

This is the ROM Builder / Firmware and Mod Support Thread. Feel free to post your bugreports, feature-requests and general support questions here.
Make sure to send us all the information you have when reporting any problems.

Example
[Device]: Mi 9
[ROM Version]: mi-globe ROM 9.6.5
[ROM Filename]: mi-globe.com_v10_cepheus_9.6.5_cfg-vpmybtg.zip
[Magisk Root]: Yes
[Tested on xiaomi.eu ROM]: No - No Mixplorer there
[Problem]:
The Mixplorer App has not been installed, but I have selected it on the ROM Builder.
The mi-globe.com Firmware and Mod Installation Scripts are well prepared for mostly all errors that can occure. Please read the TWRP Installation Output carefully and follow the suggestions on the screen.

When reporting any kind of bugs or problems, please make sure to attach the mi-globe.com Installation logfiles to your post. They are being created right after the flashing process in TWRP!
– /sdcard/mi-globe_install.log
– /sdcard/mi-globe_install_debug.log
– /sdcard/mi-globe_mod_install.log

User avatar
dr4kendroid
Developer / Admin
Developer / Admin
Posts: 1467
Joined: 21 Nov 2016, 09:20
Phone Model: Mi 5 , Mi 6
Has thanked: 125 times
Been thanked: 563 times
Contact:

Re: MIUI Firmware ROM Builder Support Thread

Post by dr4kendroid » 19 Jun 2019, 09:32

Image click to read latest changelog

Known Bugs
Notch Notification Mod:
Some devices like the Mi8 Lite have a smaller Notch and therefore more space for notification Icons on the left side. MIUI is using this space here for showing up system Icons like Bluetooth. Once those Icons show up, the notch notification mod icons under the clock are getting cut.
- We are working on a fix -

User avatar
b0xBR
Active Member
Active Member
Posts: 14
Joined: 27 Jun 2017, 04:24
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 0

Re: MIUI Firmware ROM Builder Support Thread

Post by b0xBR » 21 Jun 2019, 15:58

Greetings!

Today i've updated to latest version, by TWRP install method. The ROM loads without issues, but, when starts to remove MIUI apps and install tweaks, it simply halts. Please find below all the info collected.

[Device]: Mi 5
[ROM Version]: mi-globe ROM 9.6.20
[ROM Filename]: mi-globe.com_v10_gemini_9.6.20_cfg-ferlaxgbvcydmg.zip
[Magisk Root]: Yes
[Previous Rom]: mi-globe ROM 9.6.13
[Problem]: As reported above.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
dr4kendroid
Developer / Admin
Developer / Admin
Posts: 1467
Joined: 21 Nov 2016, 09:20
Phone Model: Mi 5 , Mi 6
Has thanked: 125 times
Been thanked: 563 times
Contact:

Re: MIUI Firmware ROM Builder Support Thread

Post by dr4kendroid » 21 Jun 2019, 16:42

b0xBR wrote:
21 Jun 2019, 15:58
Greetings!

Today i've updated to latest version, by TWRP install method. The ROM loads without issues, but, when starts to remove MIUI apps and install tweaks, it simply halts. Please find below all the info collected.

[Device]: Mi 5
[ROM Version]: mi-globe ROM 9.6.20
[ROM Filename]: mi-globe.com_v10_gemini_9.6.20_cfg-ferlaxgbvcydmg.zip
[Magisk Root]: Yes
[Previous Rom]: mi-globe ROM 9.6.13
[Problem]: As reported above.
1. Screenshot mentions a different ROM Filename then in your Post description?
2. /sdcard/globeROM_install.log is the wrong logfile. This is the old one. Please check for /sdcard/mi-globe_install.log and upload it here. Then I can see what happened.

btw thanks for the quality of your report!

User avatar
b0xBR
Active Member
Active Member
Posts: 14
Joined: 27 Jun 2017, 04:24
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 0

Re: MIUI Firmware ROM Builder Support Thread

Post by b0xBR » 21 Jun 2019, 18:07

dr4kendroid wrote:
21 Jun 2019, 16:42
b0xBR wrote:
21 Jun 2019, 15:58
Greetings!

Today i've updated to latest version, by TWRP install method. The ROM loads without issues, but, when starts to remove MIUI apps and install tweaks, it simply halts. Please find below all the info collected.

[Device]: Mi 5
[ROM Version]: mi-globe ROM 9.6.20
[ROM Filename]: mi-globe.com_v10_gemini_9.6.20_cfg-ferlaxgbvcydmg.zip
[Magisk Root]: Yes
[Previous Rom]: mi-globe ROM 9.6.13
[Problem]: As reported above.
1. Screenshot mentions a different ROM Filename then in your Post description?
2. /sdcard/globeROM_install.log is the wrong logfile. This is the old one. Please check for /sdcard/mi-globe_install.log and upload it here. Then I can see what happened.

btw thanks for the quality of your report!
Hi dr4kendroid!

1. Regarding shots are about the current ROM downloaded version, just updated in a dirty install.
2. Unfortunately mi-globe_install.log doesn't exist in this path. Probably the installer didn't generated a log file.

User avatar
dr4kendroid
Developer / Admin
Developer / Admin
Posts: 1467
Joined: 21 Nov 2016, 09:20
Phone Model: Mi 5 , Mi 6
Has thanked: 125 times
Been thanked: 563 times
Contact:

Re: MIUI Firmware ROM Builder Support Thread

Post by dr4kendroid » 21 Jun 2019, 18:21

b0xBR wrote:
21 Jun 2019, 18:07
dr4kendroid wrote:
21 Jun 2019, 16:42
b0xBR wrote:
21 Jun 2019, 15:58
Greetings!

Today i've updated to latest version, by TWRP install method. The ROM loads without issues, but, when starts to remove MIUI apps and install tweaks, it simply halts. Please find below all the info collected.

[Device]: Mi 5
[ROM Version]: mi-globe ROM 9.6.20
[ROM Filename]: mi-globe.com_v10_gemini_9.6.20_cfg-ferlaxgbvcydmg.zip
[Magisk Root]: Yes
[Previous Rom]: mi-globe ROM 9.6.13
[Problem]: As reported above.
1. Screenshot mentions a different ROM Filename then in your Post description?
2. /sdcard/globeROM_install.log is the wrong logfile. This is the old one. Please check for /sdcard/mi-globe_install.log and upload it here. Then I can see what happened.

btw thanks for the quality of your report!
Hi dr4kendroid!

1. Regarding shots are about the current ROM downloaded version, just updated in a dirty install.
2. Unfortunately mi-globe_install.log doesn't exist in this path. Probably the installer didn't generated a log file.
Silly me ... You are right. This file wont be created when the script froze before. Can you please flash the ROM again and get the /tmp/recovery.log from your TWRP !AFTER! the installation process ?
Means:
1. Install ROM
2. Wait until it freeze
3. DO NOT REBOOT
4. connect phone via ADB and type
adb pull /tmp/recovery.log C:\logfile.log

User avatar
Mazaias
New Member
New Member
Posts: 3
Joined: 04 Jul 2018, 13:13
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: MIUI Firmware ROM Builder Support Thread

Post by Mazaias » 21 Jun 2019, 19:35

The same happens to me. Install the base rom but do not apply any customization. Do not install magisk, it does not eliminate applications, no customization option works.

Redmi note 5 pro.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
b0xBR
Active Member
Active Member
Posts: 14
Joined: 27 Jun 2017, 04:24
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 0

Re: MIUI Firmware ROM Builder Support Thread

Post by b0xBR » 21 Jun 2019, 19:54

DONE!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
dr4kendroid
Developer / Admin
Developer / Admin
Posts: 1467
Joined: 21 Nov 2016, 09:20
Phone Model: Mi 5 , Mi 6
Has thanked: 125 times
Been thanked: 563 times
Contact:

Re: MIUI Firmware ROM Builder Support Thread

Post by dr4kendroid » 21 Jun 2019, 21:05

b0xBR wrote:
21 Jun 2019, 19:54
DONE!
Thanks, thats great.
I have reuploaded fixed Mi 5 gemini 9.6.20.

Please let me know if it works now.

btw: If the installation freeze again, You should find a logfile called /sdcard/mi-globe_install_debug.log which you can send us.

User avatar
miguelAr52
Active Member
Active Member
Posts: 19
Joined: 25 Nov 2016, 01:29
Location: Argentina
Phone Model: mi5s 3/64
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: MIUI Firmware ROM Builder Support Thread

Post by miguelAr52 » 21 Jun 2019, 21:35

dr4kendroid wrote:
21 Jun 2019, 21:05
b0xBR wrote:
21 Jun 2019, 19:54
DONE!
Thanks, thats great.
I have reuploaded fixed Mi 5 gemini 9.6.20.

Please let me know if it works now.

btw: If the installation freeze again, You should find a logfile called /sdcard/mi-globe_install_debug.log which you can send us.
hi. the same thing is happening when i update my mi5s

Post Reply