How to generate the same ROM setup every time if you forgot what you choose last time?

Post your Bugs, Requests and Support Questions about MiUI globeROM and Mods here.

Moderator: dr4kendroid

crok

How to generate the same ROM setup every time if you forgot what you choose last time?

Post by crok » 02 Feb 2018, 12:09

Hi All,

I always forget what I used to tick in in the ROM builder.. So.. As you can see in the subject title:
How can one generate the same ROM setup every time if you forgot what did you choose last time?

If I just download any ROM and change the string after the _cfg to the same string I made the original installation will it then install the same mods as before I had? How you get it what I mean..

So, let's say I used the file globeROM_v9_mido_8.1.25_cfg-ktfsgnmdc.zip for the clean install and I want to upgrade to 8.2.1 but forgot what I ticked in the ROM builder. So I downloaded accidently globeROM_v9_mido_8.2.1_cfg-rtguvfcknmd.zip and here comes the question: if I change the filename to globeROM_v9_mido_8.2.1_cfg-ktfsgnmdc.zip (so same string after _cfg) will it install the same set of settings+mods?

Mememe
Been thanked: 0

Re: How to generate the same ROM setup every time if you forgot what you choose last time?

Post by Mememe » 02 Feb 2018, 22:07

Make a screenprint of the downloadpage before you download. :D

crok

Re: How to generate the same ROM setup every time if you forgot what you choose last time?

Post by crok » 02 Feb 2018, 22:15

Thank you for your advantageous, helpful, useful and valuable answer - if I give you a cookie will you stop posting? :lol:
These users thanked the author crok for the post:
dr4kendroid

dr4kendroid
Developer / Admin
Developer / Admin
Phone Model: Mi 5 , Mi 6

Post by dr4kendroid » 05 Feb 2018, 12:24

crok wrote:Thank you for your advantageous, helpful, useful and valuable answer - if I give you a cookie will you stop posting? :lol:
:D laughed on that.

Currently we cannot save that information.
But we are planing updates for our whole service and maybe we can integrate such a feature :)
Find us on Facebook

crok

Post by crok » 05 Feb 2018, 12:30

dr4kendroid wrote:
crok wrote:Thank you for your advantageous, helpful, useful and valuable answer - if I give you a cookie will you stop posting? :lol:

But we are planing updates for our whole service and maybe we can integrate such a feature :)
I would really appreciate a kind of thing - then I think even though OTA is not available at the moment the upgrades would be much more easy to do ( : Keep up the good work! This ROM is awesome!
These users thanked the author crok for the post:
dr4kendroid

dr4kendroid
Developer / Admin
Developer / Admin

Post by dr4kendroid » 06 Feb 2018, 08:01

crok wrote:
dr4kendroid wrote:

I would really appreciate a kind of thing - then I think even though OTA is not available at the moment the upgrades would be much more easy to do ( : Keep up the good work! This ROM is awesome!
There is a very easy little workaround which might help you with that while we create the new service :)
You can create the config just as you need it and save your config parameters from the filename.
Example:

Filename: globeROM_v9_mido_8.1.25_cfg-gsxsetcrlnkmwuo.zip
Your config: gsxsetcrlnkmwuo

For the next ROM you download, simply change the config in the filename and you got what you wanted :P

ROM Builder -> Chose your device -> Click "Create ROM" (with default settings) -> Download the File -> Rename the File

Name before: globeROM_v9_mido_8.2.1_cfg-erwkumcoglt.zip
Renamte to: globeROM_v9_mido_8.2.1_cfg-gsxsetcrlnkmwuo.zip

You will have the new ROM with the same config.
Find us on Facebook

crok

Post by crok » 06 Feb 2018, 08:08

Exactly this is what I tried to describe in OP - makes sense and now I have confirmation from the dev too!! Thank you! :ugeek:

dr4kendroid
Developer / Admin
Developer / Admin

Post by dr4kendroid » 06 Feb 2018, 10:56

crok wrote:Exactly this is what I tried to describe in OP - makes sense and now I have confirmation from the dev too!! Thank you! :ugeek:
Oh, yes. Sorry didnt see that. It was a long night :lol:
Find us on Facebook

Xiaomi LYXQEJ01JY Bluetooth Earphones Ne

55.00 $
Coupon:     Flash Sale
2018-08-19

Xiaomi Mi 8 SE 4G Phablet - GOLD

329.99 $
Coupon:     Flash Sale
2018-08-19

Xiaomi Mi 8 4G Phablet International Ver

469.99 $