Governor mode / battery drain

Post your Bugs, Requests and Support Questions about MiUI globeROM and Mods here.

Moderator: dr4kendroid

ben1977
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Governor mode / battery drain

Post by ben1977 » 02 May 2018, 21:46

Hello,

I've just upgraded my "Globe Rom" on my Xiomi Redmi Note 3 Pro, from a previous Globe rom which was about one year old ...
The battery consumption seems a bit faster than before after flash, and when I check with "CPU Spy Plus" the frequency used, I notice that the phone is about 2/3 of the time in "deep sleep" (which is good !) but the last 1/3 of the time always at the maximum frequency (4h32mn at 1401 MHz, and only 6mn at frequency between 691MHz and 1305 MHz). I remember that the intermediate frequencies were used on my previous Globe Rom

I don't understand why the lower intermediate frequencies are not used.
I notice in the CPU Info that governor mode is "interactive" => this is probably more consuming on CPU than "on demand" or other mode.

I tried to use "govtuner" (flashed with TWRP, then activated through Terminal Emulator) but it doesn't seem to change anything on the governor mode.

Is there an option to change the governor mode in the ROM ? Or to drain less battery ?

Thank you in advance

Dervish9
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Governor mode / battery drain

Post by Dervish9 » 24 May 2018, 21:53

I got just the same situation with my Redmi Note 4x. I do like the phone for its ability to stay cold despite reasonable performance.
Last 2 attempts to update turned it upside down, i even had an overheat reboot 2 days ago. It was hot, +44, but it had no issues and stayed cold or reasonably warm (4k video rec in the same confitions) before.
Kernel Adiutor(ROOT) seems to be working in my case. I was able to mofify the governor, CPU Spy Plus has changed to "ondemand" and the temperature went back to its prev range. Feel better, i'm in Africa, and the summer 's just starting.
Hope it helps. Didnt check with reboots - i dont do them often, the ROM is overall very good, and so on. Luck
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro 6.26 inch 4G Pha

209.99 $
Coupon:     GB$MBNT6GP
2018-10-15

Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite 4G Phablet Global Vers

159.99 $
Coupon:     Flash Sale
2018-10-15

Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro 3GB RAM 4G Phabl

169.99 $
Coupon:     GB$MPNT6PD
2018-10-14