BUG: apps crashing on Second Space (but working on 1st Space)

MIUI Firmware Support Thread | Xiaomi Global custom ROM Community

Moderator: dr4kendroid

Andremidis
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

BUG: apps crashing on Second Space (but working on 1st Space)

Post by Andremidis » 10 Feb 2019, 22:31

Greetings to all - first post here, I am no dev but to have found such a community!
Please apologize if this isn't the right section.

I got myself a Redmi Note 5, running MIUI Global 10.2 (Android 8.1.0...)
On my phone's Second Space, certain specific apps won't start - or rather: they do start, but as soon as I try to "log in using Facebook" and validate, a "*givenapp* has stopped" message appears.
Given apps DO WORK on 1st Space. (I've tried installing from 1st and from 2nd Space, allowing them on one or both Spaces...)
If I allow the app on both Spaces, they DO WORK on the first (main) Space, but still not in the second!
After the 2 apps I already used presented this bug I've tested 4 other similar apps, and the bug persists.
Incriminated apps are all of the same kind ("social") all installed from the PlayStore.

It doesn't matter if they're used on both Spaces or not. I have Facebook Account linked to Mi Account, and all permissions given to said apps. I send crash report every time, and have posted it through "Feedback" too.

Thank you for reading, and for any help in understanding this bug

Andremidis
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: BUG: apps crashing on Second Space (but working on 1st Space)

Post by Andremidis » 16 Feb 2019, 23:42

Ok, just a brief note to update on this problem: 4 of the 6 apps received updates today, and after that 2 of the 4 managed to connect via Fb.
So I guess the problem is really app-based, and maybe those apps receive the crash-logs? Pity for the other apps that did not patch up...