MiUI globeROM Changelog 8.3.29

Find allways latest Changelogs for MiUI GlobeROM here.

Moderator: dr4kendroid

dr4kendroid
Developer / Admin
Developer / Admin
Phone Model: Mi 5 , Mi 6

MiUI globeROM Changelog 8.3.29

Post by dr4kendroid » 30 Mar 2018, 08:20

Please read the How To before flashing our ROM! --> https://mi-globe.com/globerom-rom-builder/
Problems or Feature Requests can be posted on our Support Forum --> support-and-help-f33/
Download latest MiUI globeROM here --> https://mi-globe.com/index.php/rom-builder/

MiUI globeROM Changelog

System
Optimization - System-level adjustment for alarms, messages, and notifications (03-29)
Fix - Camera crashed in some cases (03-29)
Fix - Couldn't connect to several Bluetooth devices (03-29)

Themes
Optimization - Themes are adjusted for 18:9 screens (03-27)

Web Apps
Optimization - Direct apps are called Quick apps now (03-26)
New - Shortcut for Split screen in Recents (03-28)

Alarm
Fix - Alarm clock doesn't work [MI6] (03-28)

Wi-Fi
Fix - Cannot connect to Wi-Fi [HMNote4X] (03-27)

Android 8.0 RELEASED for MIMIX, MINote2, MI5..

Fixed 3way reboot menu bug

MIPAD3 , MIPAD2, HERMES, HENNESSY will be released later every week!
Xiaomi.eu stopped support for those devices so we have to take MultiROM as base.
These users thanked the author dr4kendroid for the post (total 3):
Crisvr76pedroenfneustadt
Find us on Facebook

Crisvr76
Been thanked: 0

Re: MiUI globeROM Changelog 8.3.29

Post by Crisvr76 » 30 Mar 2018, 10:16

Edit...
Last edited by Crisvr76 on 30 Mar 2018, 15:32, edited 7 times in total.

sektion31
Has thanked: 0

Post by sektion31 » 30 Mar 2018, 10:56

Unfortunately Mi4c Globe Rom has the "low system disk space" problem introduced in 8.3.22
It installs the new Miui version, but does not apply Globe Rom changes.

Ahmet

Post by Ahmet » 30 Mar 2018, 12:57

Flashed on my mi4c, but I unchecked Miui mail app en wear app but they are installed. Root (macigs) doesn't work.
I don't recommend this release for mi4c users.

hypion
Phone Model: Mi-4c

Post by hypion » 31 Mar 2018, 06:43

The main problem of globeRom firmwares is that all apps, ringstones...and be honestly lot of unessasary garbage installed by default and only after all removed due code that generates to a firmwares name. And last firmwares have an little bigger size .. ~25 mb. And its enough for not working globerom script, it haven't no room for unpack staff. So if had a message that i had low space for last working 8.3.15 was "32 mb low space" but script was still working, now a have a message that it is 9 or 12 mb free space... and it stops. Guys, seriosly! Why i have an option of selecting/unselecting "Install MiUI Unlimited App" for MI4c? It even wasn't designed for it, and not working for this model, but is still takes space. And I think to stop wasting my time of flashing new globerom firmwares, because changelogs is inessential.

Noruas

Post by Noruas » 31 Mar 2018, 10:37

No more option for GovTuner ?
Did you deleted this tool ?

Goriaa

Post by Goriaa » 31 Mar 2018, 15:00

Hallo everybody,
I have xiamoi mi mix lithium I had 2 time download this Rom and when I go to install her , I became error 7, can somebody please help me. thanks for your help.

showshowpk

Post by showshowpk » 31 Mar 2018, 15:22

miui eu has released 8.3.29 V2. pls update.

dr4kendroid
Developer / Admin
Developer / Admin
Phone Model: Mi 5 , Mi 6

Post by dr4kendroid » 31 Mar 2018, 17:56

sektion31 wrote:Unfortunately Mi4c Globe Rom has the "low system disk space" problem introduced in 8.3.22
It installs the new Miui version, but does not apply Globe Rom changes.
Ahmet wrote:Flashed on my mi4c, but I unchecked Miui mail app en wear app but they are installed. Root (macigs) doesn't work.
I don't recommend this release for mi4c users.
hypion wrote:The main problem of globeRom firmwares is that all apps, ringstones...and be honestly lot of unessasary garbage installed by default and only after all removed due code that generates to a firmwares name. And last firmwares have an little bigger size .. ~25 mb. And its enough for not working globerom script, it haven't no room for unpack staff. So if had a message that i had low space for last working 8.3.15 was "32 mb low space" but script was still working, now a have a message that it is 9 or 12 mb free space... and it stops. Guys, seriosly! Why i have an option of selecting/unselecting "Install MiUI Unlimited App" for MI4c? It even wasn't designed for it, and not working for this model, but is still takes space. And I think to stop wasting my time of flashing new globerom firmwares, because changelogs is inessential.
You are totally right, but let me tell you about the whole thing:

The Problem:
Xiaomi.eu and other inofficial multilanguage ROMs are taking more filesystem space than chinese/english ROMs. The multilanguage files and translations simply need more space. globeROM is using these ROMs as base, so there is not much space left for our ROM Builder modifications!

globeROM in the past:
We want to save globeROM fans and users from bootloops, so our installation script detects when there is not enough space left and skips the installation. This is not an Error, just a security feature to prevent you from bootloops! Skipping the installation in that case means, you are installing an unchanged xiaomi.eu ROM! But at least, without bootloops.

globeROM now:
We changed the behaviour as you requested! Now, the installation script first applies the mods that does not need any /system space ! Then it runs the uninstall routine (for example when you unchecked MiUI Email and MiUI Browser on the ROM Builder) which even frees up some space on /system !
Then it will install all the other mods. We further slightly decreased the space our ROM needs by default. If you still get any bootloops after installation due to low /system space, please just build the ROM again and uncheck some unneeded Apps.

I hope this will fix those problems for the future.

Noruas wrote:No more option for GovTuner ?
Did you deleted this tool ?
This Mod is discontinued and caused bugs, so we removed it from the ROM Builder.
Goriaa wrote:Hallo everybody,
I have xiamoi mi mix lithium I had 2 time download this Rom and when I go to install her , I became error 7, can somebody please help me. thanks for your help.
This is most likely a TWRP problem. Download the latest TWRP for lithium at http://twrp.me
If this doesnt solve your problem. Please tell us more details about what the Error says.
showshowpk wrote:miui eu has released 8.3.29 V2. pls update.
I have reworked and reuploaded all 8.3.29 ROMs!
Changes:

- Fixed YellowPage app crash for some users
- Reworked globeROM ROM Builder install script
- Changed "Low-System Space"-behaviour (latest problem on Mi4s / Mi4c)
These users thanked the author dr4kendroid for the post (total 5):
AhmethypionZaphodStardustneustadtshowshowpk
Find us on Facebook

Staschme

Post by Staschme » 31 Mar 2018, 20:40

Can somebody please implement a lighting adjustment in TWRP and also Rom setup?
The display is so dark i need a magnifying glass to do the initial setup when installing the Rom.
Also in TWRP with brightness set to the highest level it is still too dark.
I have a Mi Mix 2 with 128 GB.