MiUI globeROM Changelog 8.3.29

Find allways latest Changelogs for MiUI GlobeROM here.

Moderator: dr4kendroid

Goriaa
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: MiUI globeROM Changelog 8.3.29

Post by Goriaa » 31 Mar 2018, 23:54

Code: Select all

[pre][glow=red]Goriaa wrote:
Hallo everybody,
I have xiamoi mi mix lithium I had 2 time download this Rom and when I go to install her , I became error 7, can somebody please help me. thanks for your help.

This is most likely a TWRP problem. Download the latest TWRP for lithium at http://twrp.me 
If this doesnt solve your problem. Please tell us more details about what the Error says.[/glow][/pre]
i have install twrp-3.2.1-0-lithium after that no touch screen, i go back to 3.0.2-0install again
became error 7
any help please

Noruas

Post by Noruas » 31 Mar 2018, 23:58

I'm using 4.2 version from veez21 and no problems....

Goriaa

Post by Goriaa » 01 Apr 2018, 00:12

Goriaa wrote:

Code: Select all

[pre][glow=red]Goriaa wrote:
Hallo everybody,
I have xiamoi mi mix lithium I had 2 time download this Rom and when I go to install her , I became error 7, can somebody please help me. thanks for your help.

This is most likely a TWRP problem. Download the latest TWRP for lithium at http://twrp.me 
If this doesnt solve your problem. Please tell us more details about what the Error says.[/glow][/pre]
i have install twrp-3.2.1-0-lithium after that no touch screen, i go back to 3.0.2-0install again
became error 7
any help please
is there any twrp new one with touch funktion. thanks

yerrie

Post by yerrie » 02 Apr 2018, 13:15

Hi i'm a mi5 user this rom version miui camera still having fc issue sometime and why on this oreo base rom google camera still having issue like on nougat all front cam result upside down,when it fix by changing the front cam degree from 360 to 270 the foto result back to normal but the portrait mode front cam can't generate bokeh image as usual only one hdr foto.
What make this issue happen? Can anyone help to figure out where the problem is?
Thanks for your effort to make this a great rom for us.
Btw i'm from Indonesia & so many of us interested to make mi-globe as our daily base rom,so i would really appreciate if dev can add Indonesian Language as an option. I do will help if u need translation from english to Indonesian language.
Thanks a lot & sorry if my english is bad.

dr4kendroid
Developer / Admin
Developer / Admin
Phone Model: Mi 5 , Mi 6

Post by dr4kendroid » 02 Apr 2018, 17:10

yerrie wrote:Hi i'm a mi5 user this rom version miui camera still having fc issue sometime and why on this oreo base rom google camera still having issue like on nougat all front cam result upside down,when it fix by changing the front cam degree from 360 to 270 the foto result back to normal but the portrait mode front cam can't generate bokeh image as usual only one hdr foto.
What make this issue happen? Can anyone help to figure out where the problem is?
Thanks for your effort to make this a great rom for us.
Btw i'm from Indonesia & so many of us interested to make mi-globe as our daily base rom,so i would really appreciate if dev can add Indonesian Language as an option. I do will help if u need translation from english to Indonesian language.
Thanks a lot & sorry if my english is bad.
Thanks for your words.
Im afraid, but we are not doing the translation.
Its done by xiaomi.eu Team, you can request indonesian language here: https://xiaomi.eu/community/forums/indo ... ation.156/
Find us on Facebook

Johnny

Post by Johnny » 04 Apr 2018, 15:14

Hey guys, thanks again for your amazing work.

Do I see that correctly that neither mpdecision nor govtuner is applied on MIUi 9 (Oreo) for mi5 (gemini)?

I've just installed it and the phone seems slower and with less battery endurance :(

Hope y'all implement that soon :)

Cheers
Johnny

ZaphodStardust

Post by ZaphodStardust » 04 Apr 2018, 18:52

dr4kendroid wrote:
sektion31 wrote:Unfortunately Mi4c Globe Rom has the "low system disk space" problem introduced in 8.3.22
It installs the new Miui version, but does not apply Globe Rom changes.
Ahmet wrote:Flashed on my mi4c, but I unchecked Miui mail app en wear app but they are installed. Root (macigs) doesn't work.
I don't recommend this release for mi4c users.
hypion wrote:The main problem of globeRom firmwares is that all apps, ringstones...and be honestly lot of unessasary garbage installed by default and only after all removed due code that generates to a firmwares name. And last firmwares have an little bigger size .. ~25 mb. And its enough for not working globerom script, it haven't no room for unpack staff. So if had a message that i had low space for last working 8.3.15 was "32 mb low space" but script was still working, now a have a message that it is 9 or 12 mb free space... and it stops. Guys, seriosly! Why i have an option of selecting/unselecting "Install MiUI Unlimited App" for MI4c? It even wasn't designed for it, and not working for this model, but is still takes space. And I think to stop wasting my time of flashing new globerom firmwares, because changelogs is inessential.
You are totally right, but let me tell you about the whole thing:

The Problem:
Xiaomi.eu and other inofficial multilanguage ROMs are taking more filesystem space than chinese/english ROMs. The multilanguage files and translations simply need more space. globeROM is using these ROMs as base, so there is not much space left for our ROM Builder modifications!

globeROM in the past:
We want to save globeROM fans and users from bootloops, so our installation script detects when there is not enough space left and skips the installation. This is not an Error, just a security feature to prevent you from bootloops! Skipping the installation in that case means, you are installing an unchanged xiaomi.eu ROM! But at least, without bootloops.

globeROM now:
We changed the behaviour as you requested! Now, the installation script first applies the mods that does not need any /system space ! Then it runs the uninstall routine (for example when you unchecked MiUI Email and MiUI Browser on the ROM Builder) which even frees up some space on /system !
Then it will install all the other mods. We further slightly decreased the space our ROM needs by default. If you still get any bootloops after installation due to low /system space, please just build the ROM again and uncheck some unneeded Apps.

I hope this will fix those problems for the future.

Noruas wrote:No more option for GovTuner ?
Did you deleted this tool ?
This Mod is discontinued and caused bugs, so we removed it from the ROM Builder.
Goriaa wrote:Hallo everybody,
If this doesnt solve your problem. Please tell us more details about what the Error says.
showshowpk wrote:miui eu has released 8.3.29 V2. pls update.
I have reworked and reuploaded all 8.3.29 ROMs!
Changes:

- Fixed YellowPage app crash for some users
- Reworked globeROM ROM Builder install script
- Changed "Low-System Space"-behaviour (latest problem on Mi4s / Mi4c)
Thank you for your good work and quick fix.
I could install this weekly version again without problems on my Mi 4s!
There are still some warnings logged but no error/abort in script:

### CONFIG
fausgsdc
| --- MIUI globeROM Installation ---
|
| Device : aqua
| Version : 8.3.29
| /system free space : 10.4M
| /data free space : 36.3G
| globeROM config : fausgsdc
|
| --- ************************** ---
|[INFO ] Mount /data and /system
|[INFO ] /data mounted RW!
|[INFO ] /system mounted RW!
|[INFO ] Check free space /data
|[INFO ] SUCCESS!
|[INFO ] Check free space /system
|[WARNING] /system is low on space! -> 10MB
|[WARNING] 100% Usage can cause bootloops!
|[INFO ] Reading globeROM config
|[INFO ] SUCCESS!
|[INFO ] Remove disabled MIUI Apps!
|[INFO ] -> Browser.apk
|[INFO ] -> Bugreport.apk
|[INFO ] -> Weather.apk
|[INFO ] -> Livewallpaper.apk
|[INFO ] -> Email.apk
|[INFO ] -> MiuiDaemon.apk
|[INFO ] SUCCESS!
|[WARNING] /system has only 10MB left!
|[WARNING] 100% Usage can cause bootloops!
|[WARNING]
|[WARNING] The multilanguage base ROM for
|[WARNING] globeROM is taking too much space!
|[WARNING]
|[WARNING] You can do the following:
|[WARNING] -Select to remove some of the
|[WARNING] MIUI default Apps on the
|[WARNING] ROM Builder!
|[WARNING]
|[WARNING] -Try to repartition and change
|[WARNING] the size of your devices
|[WARNING] storage!
|[WARNING]
|[INFO ] Unpacking globeROM files!
|[INFO ] Install Center Clock Mod!