MiUI globeROM Changelog 8.3.1

Find allways latest Changelogs for MiUI GlobeROM here.

Moderator: dr4kendroid

knightfal76
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: MiUI globeROM Changelog 8.3.1

Post by knightfal76 » 03 Mar 2018, 11:43

Still issues. MI6

Had to re-install 8.2.1 yesterday as the first 8.3.1 did not work.
So now 8.3.1 dirty flashed over 8.2.1.

See attached images.
https://ibb.co/kNpZJS
https://ibb.co/k5r3Cn

Viper4 has been a issue in the latest roms. Always crashing. So stopped using that. But hoped you solved it now. But no.

lalontra
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by lalontra » 03 Mar 2018, 13:29

Same here, cannot boot after dirty flash over 8.2.1. On my mi6 once installed it boots, then blank screen for like 10 minutes then enters again in twrp. Restoring 8.2.1 now.

pwsnla

Post by pwsnla » 03 Mar 2018, 14:00

lalontra wrote:Same here, cannot boot after dirty flash over 8.2.1. On my mi6 once installed it boots, then blank screen for like 10 minutes then enters again in twrp. Restoring 8.2.1 now.
I am also not able to boot mi MI6 after dirty flash of 8.3.1 over 8.2.1. Installation works but after reboot I am seeing mi-globe logo for a while and the phone enters TWRP again. Tried rebooting several time with the same result.

Also, there is a minor issue with "Expert Settings" web interface. Install MiUI Bugreport and Install MiUI Browser app buttons are actually swapped. Toggle labeled "Installed MiUI Bugreport" actually controls installation of MiUI browser and vice-verse. I noticed this when installing 8.2.1 and it appears that this problem is still there.

I am curious if anyone is using Google Pay (formerly Android Pay) on MI6 with Oreo. This worked with with Nougat based mi-globe ROM until I installed 8.2.1. The app actually works after upgrade and it shows my cards as registered but is not accepted by any contactless payment terminals. All terminals are are now returning "card not supported" errors when I try to use it.

dr4kendroid
Developer / Admin
Developer / Admin
Phone Model: Mi 5 , Mi 6

Post by dr4kendroid » 03 Mar 2018, 14:41

knightfal76 wrote:Still issues. MI6

See attached images.

Viper4 has been a issue in the latest roms. Always crashing. So stopped using that. But hoped you solved it now. But no.
lalontra wrote:Same here, cannot boot after dirty flash over 8.2.1. On my mi6 once installed it boots, then blank screen for like 10 minutes then enters again in twrp. Restoring 8.2.1 now.
pwsnla wrote:
I am also not able to boot mi MI6 after dirty flash of 8.3.1 over 8.2.1. Installation works but after reboot I am seeing mi-globe logo for a while and the phone enters TWRP again. Tried rebooting several time with the same result.

Also, there is a minor issue with "Expert Settings" web interface. Install MiUI Bugreport and Install MiUI Browser app buttons are actually swapped. Toggle labeled "Installed MiUI Bugreport" actually controls installation of MiUI browser and vice-verse. I noticed this when installing 8.2.1 and it appears that this problem is still there.

I am curious if anyone is using Google Pay (formerly Android Pay) on MI6 with Oreo. This worked with with Nougat based mi-globe ROM until I installed 8.2.1. The app actually works after upgrade and it shows my cards as registered but is not accepted by any contactless payment terminals. All terminals are are now returning "card not supported" errors when I try to use it.
Thanks for reporting. Can someone please tell me what config you selected and upload /sdcard/globeROM_install.log ?
I have done exactly the same on my MI6 . Dirty flash from 8.2.1 without any problems..
Are you using latest TWRP ? https://twrp.me/xiaomi/xiaomimi6.html
Are you using latest reuploaded version with timestamp 2018-03-03 11:36:42 ?

Seems that dolby atm and viper are not working correct. We will review all features within the next week.

Thanks for the hint with browser and bugreport buttons. Fixed it - that was a hidden one o.O ...
Find us on Facebook

lalontra

Post by lalontra » 03 Mar 2018, 15:00

dr4kendroid wrote:
knightfal76 wrote:Still issues. MI6

See attached images.

pwsnla wrote:

Thanks for reporting. Can someone please tell me what config you selected and upload /sdcard/globeROM_install.log ?
I have done exactly the same on my MI6 . Dirty flash from 8.2.1 without any problems..
Are you using latest TWRP ? https://twrp.me/xiaomi/xiaomimi6.html
Are you using latest reuploaded version with timestamp 2018-03-03 11:36:42 ?

Seems that dolby atm and viper are not working correct. We will review all features within the next week.

Thanks for the hint with browser and bugreport buttons. Fixed it - that was a hidden one o.O ...
Update:
-latest twrp
-redownloaded 30 minutes ago without Dolby or viper
-had wiped cache, dalvik, and data. Still 8.3.1 cannot boot (stuck at bootanim)
-reinstalled 8.2.1 after wipe data, it works like a charm
-my config is, no governor, no browser, no bugreport, no mail, status bar center mod and the program to customize it, xilon animations extra wallpaper and ringtones, magisk root, adblocker, Europe gps.
The only change from previous 8.2.1 is I switched from balanced governor to no governor.
Cannot upload log since I have no PC now and I must fix the phone so I am installing 8.2.1 and log will be overwritten.

Cfg string is nctdpwlkuysgfs

This 8.3.1 simply does not work, dirty or clean flashed.
Last edited by lalontra on 03 Mar 2018, 15:14, edited 2 times in total.

Ahmet

Post by Ahmet » 03 Mar 2018, 15:10

Flashed on mi4c but stock Miui browser didn't install. 2 time tried.

dr4kendroid
Developer / Admin
Developer / Admin

Post by dr4kendroid » 03 Mar 2018, 15:15

Ahmet wrote:Flashed on mi4c but stock Miui browser didn't install. 2 time tried.
This bug was fixed 30 min ago. Please download again.
Find us on Facebook

dr4kendroid
Developer / Admin
Developer / Admin

Post by dr4kendroid » 03 Mar 2018, 15:16

lalontra wrote: Update:
-latest twrp
-my config is, no governor, no browser, no bugreport, no mail, status bar center mod and the program to customize it, xilon animations extra wallpaper and ringtones, magisk root, adblocker, Europe gps.
The only change from previous 8.2.1 is I switched from balanced governor to no governor.
Cannot upload log since I have no PC now and I must fix the phone so I am installing 8.2.1 and log will be overwritten.

Thanks for your detailed report. I will try it again with exactly your config string.
Find us on Facebook

lalontra

Post by lalontra » 03 Mar 2018, 15:30

dr4kendroid wrote:
-latest twrp

Thanks for your detailed report. I will try it again with exactly your config string.
Thanks a lot that would be great.
If needed 8.2.1 config string is sskftcwlguxdnyo
If you want just to simulate exactly the same update.
BTW it's weird since wipe everything except system, (I always try to avoid wiping system with MIUI roms and no PC with me) had not fixed the issue, dirty or clean flash can't boot.
My mi6 is the 128gb one.
Br
Alb.

dr4kendroid
Developer / Admin
Developer / Admin

Post by dr4kendroid » 03 Mar 2018, 15:39

lalontra wrote:
dr4kendroid wrote:
-latest twrp

Thanks a lot that would be great.
If needed 8.2.1 config string is sskftcwlguxdnyo
If you want just to simulate exactly the same update.
BTW it's weird since wipe everything except system, (I always try to avoid wiping system with MIUI roms and no PC with me) had not fixed the issue, dirty or clean flash can't boot.
My mi6 is the 128gb one.
Br
Alb.
I could reproduce the bug with your config. I think i found the problem. Was a bug in xylon animations. I am fixing it now. I never choose xylon so my installation worked.
Find us on Facebook