Bootloop while installing latest release

ROMs, Mods, Discussion and all other Topics about the Xiaomi Mi Note Pro (leo).

Moderator: dr4kendroid

vstancea
Phone Model: Mi Note Pro
Has thanked: 0

Bootloop while installing latest release

Post by vstancea » 01 Jun 2017, 16:03

Hi

I am a long time user of Globe MIUI, but starting with some months now, whenever I tried to update to the latest version, the configuration was not read properly, no matter what I did and i was left with a "stock" xiaomi.eu ROM, with no root and none of the goodies that Globe MIUI has to offer, not even root.

Starting with Monday (29th of May), my phone started to heat up really fast (45degrees Celsius and above) whenever i used it and my battery drained extremely fast. I had to charge my phone 3x times a day. When I looked in Security => Battery use, I've noticed that Android system was the culprit, but with no root, I wasn't able to investigate further. So I decided to do a fresh install with the latest release of Globe MIUI. And here things got even worse.

I've made a custom selection of the features i wanted from Globe MIUI and when I tried to flash it on my phone I always get the "bootloop of death"

I tried the followings, all with the same result -> bootloop of death:
- normal upgrade -- flashing the new release over the previous, with cache/dalvik cach clean
- fresh install -- format all partitions and flashing the rom
- flashing first the latest MIUI fastboot ROM, then flashing TWRP from TWRP 3.0.0-0 by mic and only afterwards flashing again Globe MIUI ROM

I've tried everything that could come into my mind, with no results. Please help me to solve this problem.

Bellow is a screenshot of the selection I've made for my custom Globe MIUI ROM
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dr4kendroid
Developer / Admin
Developer / Admin
Phone Model: Mi 5 , Mi 6

Re: Bootloop while installing latest release

Post by dr4kendroid » 01 Jun 2017, 18:54

vstancea wrote:Hi

I am a long time user of Globe MIUI, but starting with some months now, whenever I tried to update to the latest version, the configuration was not read properly, no matter what I did and i was left with a "stock" xiaomi.eu ROM, with no root and none of the goodies that Globe MIUI has to offer, not even root.

Starting with Monday (29th of May), my phone started to heat up really fast (45degrees Celsius and above) whenever i used it and my battery drained extremely fast. I had to charge my phone 3x times a day. When I looked in Security => Battery use, I've noticed that Android system was the culprit, but with no root, I wasn't able to investigate further. So I decided to do a fresh install with the latest release of Globe MIUI. And here things got even worse.

I've made a custom selection of the features i wanted from Globe MIUI and when I tried to flash it on my phone I always get the "bootloop of death"

I tried the followings, all with the same result -> bootloop of death:
- normal upgrade -- flashing the new release over the previous, with cache/dalvik cach clean
- fresh install -- format all partitions and flashing the rom
- flashing first the latest MIUI fastboot ROM, then flashing TWRP from TWRP 3.0.0-0 by mic and only afterwards flashing again Globe MIUI ROM

I've tried everything that could come into my mind, with no results. Please help me to solve this problem.

Bellow is a screenshot of the selection I've made for my custom Globe MIUI ROM
Please upload the logfiles. We need /sdcard/globeROM_install.log. There we can see what happened.
Do you have the same problem when installing magik root version ?

EDIT:
When did you download "latest release" ..
We reuploaded all ROMs due too bootloop problems.
Please download ROM again now
Find us on Facebook

vstancea

Post by vstancea » 03 Jun 2017, 09:46

I tried re downloading the ROM just now and re flashed it and after 30 min of waiting at the boot animation of the GlobeROM, I gave up since my phone started to heat up really bad. I've attached the log file
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dr4kendroid
Developer / Admin
Developer / Admin

Post by dr4kendroid » 03 Jun 2017, 15:33

vstancea wrote:I tried re downloading the ROM just now and re flashed it and after 30 min of waiting at the boot animation of the GlobeROM, I gave up since my phone started to heat up really bad. I've attached the log file
Thanks for uploading the logfile.
I have found the problem!

/system partition is full !
Let me see what I can do for you.. i will fix this.
Find us on Facebook

gendouhydeist

Post by gendouhydeist » 04 Jun 2017, 21:31

yep I got bootloop also, my device now is totally locked. I get through normal unbrick method but I had to though EDL but since my device is locked I can't do anything at all.

Been looking around internet how to boot though EDL and can't find any article that works.

gendouhydeist

Post by gendouhydeist » 05 Jun 2017, 14:47

Ok, I managed to unbrick my device through EDL.
I used the stable rom and I notice it that the official stable version is only using 5.0 not 7.0 in mi-globe stable is using 7.0? might be the cause of the problem.

I have successfully flashed EU.MIUI and CHINA.MIUI I got errors on mi-globe though.

dr4kendroid
Developer / Admin
Developer / Admin

Post by dr4kendroid » 06 Jun 2017, 04:55

gendouhydeist wrote:Ok, I managed to unbrick my device through EDL.
I used the stable rom and I notice it that the official stable version is only using 5.0 not 7.0 in mi-globe stable is using 7.0? might be the cause of the problem.

I have successfully flashed EU.MIUI and CHINA.MIUI I got errors on mi-globe though.
Thanks for uploading the logfiles. Looks like a TWRP problem to me.

Currently we got 2 problems:
-Mi Note Pro has very small /system partition and xiaomi.eu ROM alread filling it up to 98 % ! GlobeROM also needs to add some files to /system on installation and this is why you get bootloop. System is 100 % full then - We are trying to find a workaround for this or at least check /system partition size before installation and abort if its too small.
-Faulty TWRP Version ! Please check your TWRP Version befor you install any ROM. If you want to install 7.0 ROM you should install 7.0 TWRP. Look here https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=673368273298930581
Find us on Facebook

vstancea

Post by vstancea » 06 Jun 2017, 08:03

In this case, should we try to increase the /system partition? I'm not sure 100% how this is done, but with some guidance I think i could do this :D

dr4kendroid
Developer / Admin
Developer / Admin

Post by dr4kendroid » 06 Jun 2017, 09:06

vstancea wrote:In this case, should we try to increase the /system partition? I'm not sure 100% how this is done, but with some guidance I think i could do this :D
Yes that would be possible. There is some guides on the internet and its not too complicated at all. But this is nothing we could do from our side.
You have to do that on your own.

The problem is that xiaomi.eu is adding so many languages to the phones and fill up storage almost 100 % on the old devices. Newer devices have lots of /system space like Mi5 (only 50 % used for ROM).

So you have 2 choices:
Ask xiaomi.eu to reduce ROM size in future builds , or increase /system partition size :P
Find us on Facebook

vstancea

Post by vstancea » 06 Jun 2017, 09:31

I think I have more luck by increasing the system partition myself :lol: but by how much should i increase it? what size would you recommend for the system partition so that I won't have any more issues with Globe ROM?