Bootloop while installing latest release

ROMs, Mods, Discussion and all other Topics about the Xiaomi Mi Note Pro (leo).

Moderator: dr4kendroid

vstancea
Phone Model: Mi Note Pro
Has thanked: 0

Re: Bootloop while installing latest release

Post by vstancea » 07 Jun 2017, 13:37

dr4kendroid wrote:
Yes, with 3GB partition you dont have any storage space issues ! You can just select all features on ROM Builder an install without problems.

the Rom i uploaded here for testing is the latest release of our regular globeROM. For you to test to prevent other user getting bootloops. On Friday we will release next official version on our website.

well about the TWRP .. There is a bug in TWRP when you do any actions like wiping /system manually or flashing a ROM and after that you flash a ROM again without rebooting before, it will fail ! You can fix this by yourself with just rebooting to recovery again before doing that tasks. But I tell people to download latest TWRP with hope that they made a fix for that.

To succesfully flash the ROM, just boot to recovery, press install and chose the zip file... no need for wiping /system manually because its already done by the install process.
Normally what I do is in TWRP I wipe:
- Dalvik/ART Cache
- System
- Data
- Cache
and afterwards I manually delete all everything from INTERNAL STORAGE except the backups and the zip ROM which I'll flash only after I REBOOT back into TWRP.

And still i get bootloops, but as you kindly traced the issue, it's because of insufficient disk space on System partition.

During the weekend I'll try to increase the System partition to 3.5GB just to be on the safe side and try to flash the latest Globe ROM and report back. If successful, I'll try to leave a short tutorial on how to increase the partition so that others can do the same :)
These users thanked the author vstancea for the post:
dr4kendroid

gendouhydeist

Post by gendouhydeist » 07 Jun 2017, 15:47

Guys do you have any guides out there how to increase the /system partition I'll also try it myself thanks!

dr4kendroid
Developer / Admin
Developer / Admin
Phone Model: Mi 5 , Mi 6

Post by dr4kendroid » 07 Jun 2017, 17:53

gendouhydeist wrote:Guys do you have any guides out there how to increase the /system partition I'll also try it myself thanks!
As always, you are doing this on your own risk. Please create a backup of your data first. This method will remove ALL data on your phone (/sdcard content and images as well)

-Download latest Fastboot ROM for Mi Note Pro here http://en.miui.com/a-234.html ( latest china stable for example )
- Use 7zip to unpack the downloaded file.
-Find the file rawprogram0.xml and replace the following lines :

Code: Select all

<program SECTOR_SIZE_IN_BYTES="512" file_sector_offset="0" filename="system.img" label="system" num_partition_sectors="6815744" partofsingleimage="false" physical_partition_number="0" readbackverify="false" size_in_KB="3407872.0" sparse="true" start_byte_hex="0x20000000" start_sector="1048576"/>
  <program SECTOR_SIZE_IN_BYTES="512" file_sector_offset="0" filename="cache.img" label="cache" num_partition_sectors="786432" partofsingleimage="false" physical_partition_number="0" readbackverify="false" size_in_KB="393216.0" sparse="true" start_byte_hex="0xF0000000" start_sector="7864320"/>
  <program SECTOR_SIZE_IN_BYTES="512" file_sector_offset="0" filename="userdata.img" label="userdata" num_partition_sectors="0" partofsingleimage="false" physical_partition_number="0" readbackverify="false" size_in_KB="0" sparse="true" start_byte_hex="0x108000000" start_sector="8650752"/>
Complete File is attached !

-Boot your phone to fastboot mode and connect to USB
-Start bat file " flash_all.bat "
-Your device will reboot automatically when its done.
-Reboot to fastboot again
-Install latest TWRP with "fastboot flash recovery <YOUR_RECOVERY_FILE>"
-reboot your phone to recovery and install latest globeROM like allways.
-Now it should work as your /system partition is ~3GB

If anything goes wrong, reboot to fastboot again and install the original fastboot ROM without the changes in rawprogram0.xml !

Please report if it worked for you guys :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Find us on Facebook

gendouhydeist

Post by gendouhydeist » 07 Jun 2017, 19:21

Unfortunately it didn't work, I'm still getting bootloop.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dr4kendroid
Developer / Admin
Developer / Admin

Post by dr4kendroid » 07 Jun 2017, 19:42

gendouhydeist wrote:Unfortunately it didn't work, I'm still getting bootloop.
What did you do ? this is not the latest test rom i uploaded for you ?

EDIT: Install latest globeROM like allways - i mean you should install the latest test rom i uploaded here
Find us on Facebook

gendouhydeist

Post by gendouhydeist » 07 Jun 2017, 19:55

dr4kendroid wrote:

EDIT: Install latest globeROM like always - i mean you should install the latest test rom i uploaded here
Looks like I have to sleep now... don't know if I have done it correctly but please see the attach file.
I check it out again tomorrow.

EDIT:
I think I've done it correctly I double check the xml that you provided and flash it with mi flash, but still mentioning that there's still 16MB available on /system partition.

dr4kendroid
Developer / Admin
Developer / Admin

Post by dr4kendroid » 07 Jun 2017, 20:14

gendouhydeist wrote:
dr4kendroid wrote:

EDIT: Install latest globeROM like always - i mean you should install the latest test rom i uploaded here
Looks like I have to sleep now... don't know if I have done it correctly but please see the attach file.
I check it out again tomorrow.

EDIT:
I think I've done it correctly I double check the xml that you provided and flash it with mi flash, but still mentioning that there's still 16MB available on /system partition.
ok, i know why the repartitioning is not working correct. I will upload a working version tomorrow.
Find us on Facebook

gendouhydeist

Post by gendouhydeist » 08 Jun 2017, 10:41

Hi, I'm up is there anything to try out?

dr4kendroid
Developer / Admin
Developer / Admin

Post by dr4kendroid » 08 Jun 2017, 14:12

gendouhydeist wrote:Hi, I'm up is there anything to try out?
Sorry I am too busy with latest release to help you further.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/xiaomi ... y-t3011918

Take a look at this tutorial . You will find all informations you need to just repartition your mi note pro.

Please flash original fastboot ROM first now.. just to be sure my testing fastboot ROM did cause any errors.
Find us on Facebook

vstancea
Phone Model: Mi Note Pro

Post by vstancea » 08 Jun 2017, 18:22

dr4kendroid wrote:
gendouhydeist wrote:Hi, I'm up is there anything to try out?
Sorry I am too busy with latest release to help you further.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/xiaomi ... y-t3011918

Take a look at this tutorial . You will find all informations you need to just repartition your mi note pro.

Please flash original fastboot ROM first now.. just to be sure my testing fastboot ROM did cause any errors.
I tried to follow the instructions but unfortunately I got stuck at the beginning. I flashed the latest fasboot ROM from Xiaomi and after rebooting in FASTBOOT, the "adb devices" command returns a empty list, so i cannot move forward with "adb shell" to get the root acces so that I can use "parted".

EDIT: in order to run "adb devices" i tried the following with no success"
- flash the latest fastboot ROM from Xiaomi and still "adb devices" returned an empty list
- uninstalled Android ADB driver and installed the latest Drivers from Google and also Xiaomi, with the same result as above
The interesting thing is that in Fastboot, whenever I run "adb devices" I get an empty list, but when I run "fastboot devices" I get the following "25663ec8 fastboot", but then the command "adb shell" returns the following "error: no devices/emulators found". Being in Fastboot, I thought I could try "fastboot shell", but now I get the Help manual.