ROM Builder - suggestion - regarding AdAway

Xiaomi News, Gadgets, new Products and everything related to Xiaomi.

Moderator: dr4kendroid

crok

ROM Builder - suggestion - regarding AdAway

Post by crok » 02 Mar 2018, 10:57

Hi there!

I have an improvement idea for the ROM Builder - the AdAway integrated to the ROM is not working with Magisk v15.x and above (the one that is a choosable option under rooting). I would suggest to integrate this version instead of the one the Builder is working with at the moment: https://github.com/pec0ra/AdAway/releases As far as I know this fork of AdAway is working with both SuperSU and Magisk v15.x

Sincerely:
crok

Sobuj53
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ROM Builder - suggestion - regarding AdAway

Post by Sobuj53 » 04 Mar 2018, 11:27

This very true.
I'd request the same. Thank you.

dr4kendroid
Developer / Admin
Developer / Admin
Phone Model: Mi 5 , Mi 6

Post by dr4kendroid » 04 Mar 2018, 13:22

I have tested our official Adaway 3.2 with latest 8.3.1 on Mi 6 oreo with Magisk 16 and I had no problem with the root access popup. Where do you have problems ? What device ? What is the solution for you with the official adaway apk ? Could you just open Magisk App and allow adaway root access ?
Find us on Facebook

crok

Post by crok » 07 Mar 2018, 14:01

dr4kendroid wrote:I have tested our official Adaway 3.2 with latest 8.3.1 on Mi 6 oreo with Magisk 16 and I had no problem with the root access popup. Where do you have problems ? What device ? What is the solution for you with the official adaway apk ? Could you just open Magisk App and allow adaway root access ?
The problem most of us are experiencing is that when one opens AdAway app the only thing we see is a black screen with a red stripe at the top with AdAway string - nothing else. Tested on several Redmi Note 4 (Mido) devices. The AdAway app try to gain elevated rights via su command but the su it is actually referring to is not there (not remembering in which dir it is trying start su , but works with SuperSU perfectly). Thus, even though if you set the root access to grant any app or add the app manually does not work because the method of gaining elevated right is "wrong" in the app. Some people are manually creating su symlink to the right place then remove it after manual hosts file upgrade (to not to break SafetyNet).

More info available here:
https://github.com/AdAway/AdAway/pull/983
https://github.com/AdAway/AdAway/issues ... -355732670

dr4kendroid
Developer / Admin
Developer / Admin

Post by dr4kendroid » 07 Mar 2018, 20:55

crok wrote:
dr4kendroid wrote:I have tested our official Adaway 3.2 with latest 8.3.1 on Mi 6 oreo with Magisk 16 and I had no problem with the root access popup. Where do you have problems ? What device ? What is the solution for you with the official adaway apk ? Could you just open Magisk App and allow adaway root access ?
The problem most of us are experiencing is that when one opens AdAway app the only thing we see is a black screen with a red stripe at the top with AdAway string - nothing else. Tested on several Redmi Note 4 (Mido) devices. The AdAway app try to gain elevated rights via su command but the su it is actually referring to is not there (not remembering in which dir it is trying start su , but works with SuperSU perfectly). Thus, even though if you set the root access to grant any app or add the app manually does not work because the method of gaining elevated right is "wrong" in the app. Some people are manually creating su symlink to the right place then remove it after manual hosts file upgrade (to not to break SafetyNet).

More info available here:
https://github.com/AdAway/AdAway/pull/983
https://github.com/AdAway/AdAway/issues ... -355732670
Thanks for the detailed explanation.

I will update all ROMs with the fixed Adaway APK.
These users thanked the author dr4kendroid for the post:
crok
Find us on Facebook

crok

Post by crok » 07 Mar 2018, 21:03

dr4kendroid wrote:I will update all ROMs with the fixed Adaway APK.
Thank you for the quick answer and the (future) updates as well - we really appreciate your hard work!!

dr4kendroid
Developer / Admin
Developer / Admin

Post by dr4kendroid » 08 Mar 2018, 06:21

crok wrote:
dr4kendroid wrote:I will update all ROMs with the fixed Adaway APK.
Thank you for the quick answer and the (future) updates as well - we really appreciate your hard work!!
its done. All existing and all future Roms have the new Adaway 3.3 now
These users thanked the author dr4kendroid for the post:
crok
Find us on Facebook