Does MiGlobe going through changes?

Xiaomi News, Gadgets, new Products and everything related to Xiaomi.

Moderator: dr4kendroid

Foe
Phone Model: Mi6
Been thanked: 0

Does MiGlobe going through changes?

Post by Foe » 26 Oct 2018, 01:55

Hi,

I noticed that last months were not do good for MiGlobe.
Why I think like that?
Since very many weeks (very many Miui updates) many things changed. I mean dissapeared.
We cannot find and use ROM rooted with Super User SU.
There are some problems with downloading files.
Of course it is possibile but nit so easy than earlier.
There is no MIUI Status Bar already. What we've got in Google Play doesn't work.
There is no 3 way reboot MODe.
We are not sure if another uptade would be supported.
I wonder what happening. Maybe developers make problems?
Maybe MODs that dissapeared will be part of developer's ROM so that's why we don't have it already?
Or maybe you don't have anough time.

What is happening guys?
It's a pity to loose such a good ROM. Globe ROM always was one of the best custom ROMs. Skąd what now?
Will you close the project?
What is your future looks like?

dr4kendroid
Developer / Admin
Developer / Admin
Phone Model: Mi 5 , Mi 6

Re: Does MiGlobe going through changes?

Post by dr4kendroid » 26 Oct 2018, 10:20

Foe wrote:
26 Oct 2018, 01:55
Hi,

I noticed that last months were not do good for MiGlobe.
Why I think like that?
Since very many weeks (very many Miui updates) many things changed. I mean dissapeared.
Of course it is possibile but nit so easy than earlier.
There is no MIUI Status Bar already. What we've got in Google Play doesn't work.
I wonder what happening. Maybe developers make problems?
Maybe MODs that dissapeared will be part of developer's ROM so that's why we don't have it already?
Or maybe you don't have anough time.

What is happening guys?
It's a pity to loose such a good ROM. Globe ROM always was one of the best custom ROMs. Skąd what now?
Will you close the project?
What is your future looks like?
Thanks for your message.

We only changed the default to "Not rooted" - You can simply click on Expert Settings and Select Magisk Root to have a rooted ROM.

What problems ? We dont see any problems here. What do you mean with download files is not easy as before ?

Status Bar Pro App is made by Zapperbyte. Maintaining such an App and the Server backend is very hard and Xiaomi has changed too many things about the Statusbar and notifications in the last weeks. We put the most time into making Center clock / Notch notification Mod working correct. Zapperbyte needs some time to update this App.

3 way reboot is possible in MIUI by default. Why should we create a Mod for something that which is already there ? Go to developer settings and enable 3 way reboot menu.

What do you mean ? We update globeROM every week.

The main problem is:
Xiaomi is making things harder and harder... Bootloader locking , unlock time 30 or 60 days, Anti Roll Back, Notch devices, etc...

Back in the old times it was no problem to just grab a ROM, modify all the things and use it. Today you have so many problems to take care of. We provide globeROM for many different phone devices and have to make sure that everything is all right.

We try to give you the best MiUI experience you can get, with our very limited time.

We are still looking for advanced users to moderate the forum and help other with their questions since we simply dont have the time to answer all questions... But its not easy to find people.

globeROM is not dead, why should it be ?
These users thanked the author dr4kendroid for the post (total 2):
schmiererFoe
Find us on Facebook

Foe
Phone Model: Mi6
Been thanked: 0

Re: Does MiGlobe going through changes?

Post by Foe » 28 Oct 2018, 19:41

Thank you for your answer.
I don't want to argue. Please don't think like that. I just want to know.
But I will try to make you understand what I ment...

About SU root -
I know how to install SU. Even when ROM isn't rooted. I know that SU for now isn't free already. Or you can use older versions.
So I understand it. But signing a ROM with information about rooted ROM only with one app sounds like... commercial?
It's ok, I don't might. It was only my observation.

About downloading -
Last time there were some problems, if someone wanted to download some file, first shoud find the source of the site and than find correct web address to download. And many people had that problem. The link was just hidden. But sometimes everybody makes mistake. It's not bad. It's just happening from time to time. We are not androids but men ;)

About another update -
Some updates are missed. It's not very often, but sometimes it"s happening

About main problem -
Like I said, problems are made by developer, by Xiaomi. Miui is more and more complicated, The time is shorter and shorter becouse of advanced software than before. I understand it. The best thing you can do is information about it. Like your post.
After all, I still stand that you are doing very good job. And thank you for that. I really mean it.

Thank you for fistful of informations. It really helped.
Take care.