Root Access option to ROM Builder

Post your Bugs, Requests and Support Questions about MiUI globeROM and Mods here.

Moderator: dr4kendroid

henryfatzke
Silver Member
Silver Member
Phone Model: Redmi Note 2
Thanks received: 2

Root Access option to ROM Builder

Postby henryfatzke » 19 May 2017, 14:28

Hi mi-globe team,

ones again i have to tell you, you make a phantastic job and super custom roms!!! :D
for the last option on rom builder "Root Access option to ROM Builder" i have some questions, might be interesting allso to many other noob useres like me... ;)
since now i used allways supersu together with xposed, so i dont know anything about magisk!
can you please explain a little bit the difference/advantage of magisk root in opposition to supersu/xposed?
is it possible to switch from su/xposed to magisk?
will all xposed modules still work after switching to magisk?
do i have to install anything else after chosing magisk?
as long as i used supersu/xposed i never had any big problem from stability, batteryconsuption or whatever so far, only some older modules didnt work anymore on newer roms can i loose this if i swich?
if i find, that magisk dont work so good, can i swich back easy to supersu/xposed?
do i have to whipe if i swich? :?
My most important Tutorial: Create your own Bootlogo for Noobs :geek:

Ramir0
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Thanks received: 1

Re: Root Access option to ROM Builder

Postby Ramir0 » 19 May 2017, 21:42

+1 to the request

trustkill
Thanks received: 3

Postby trustkill » 20 May 2017, 07:49

I want to know this too...

dr4kendroid
Developer / Admin
Developer / Admin
Phone Model: Mi 5 , Mi 6
Thanks received: 206

Postby dr4kendroid » 20 May 2017, 08:13

henryfatzke wrote:Hi mi-globe team,

ones again i have to tell you, you make a phantastic job and super custom roms!!! :D
for the last option on rom builder "Root Access option to ROM Builder" i have some questions, might be interesting allso to many other noob useres like me... ;)
since now i used allways supersu together with xposed, so i dont know anything about magisk!
can you please explain a little bit the difference/advantage of magisk root in opposition to supersu/xposed?
is it possible to switch from su/xposed to magisk?
will all xposed modules still work after switching to magisk?
do i have to install anything else after chosing magisk?
as long as i used supersu/xposed i never had any big problem from stability, batteryconsuption or whatever so far, only some older modules didnt work anymore on newer roms can i loose this if i swich?
if i find, that magisk dont work so good, can i swich back easy to supersu/xposed?
do i have to whipe if i swich? :?

Thanks for your words :)

Im afraid I cannot tell you much about xposed or the modules you can use in magisk as I simply dont use it. We are basically using SuperSu and Magisk for rooting the phone.
If you want to keep everything as it has been before, you can simply chose SuperSU on ROM Builder. Thats exactly what has been installed in the past.
If you want to try magisk, just chose "Magisk Root" on ROM Builder , and flash the ROM. You can always switch between these two variants because nothing will be installed to /data partition.

If you want to know more about xposed and magisk modules etc.. just try it out .. and if you dont like it flash ROM again with supersu configuration.

And dont hesitate to report your results to let other users know how it works :P
Best Price Xiaomi Products - free shipping worldwide !!!
Just send us PM if you need any coupons ;)

henryfatzke
Silver Member
Silver Member
Phone Model: Redmi Note 2
Thanks received: 2

Postby henryfatzke » 21 May 2017, 00:11

ill do that if i find the time because right now im working on some other projects ;)
i will post my experience after try here...
thanks for youre answer so far :D
My most important Tutorial: Create your own Bootlogo for Noobs :geek:

Return to “Support and Help”