Unlock bootloader Kate

ROMs, Mods, Discussion and all other Topics about the Xiaomi RedMi Note 3 (hennessy), RedMi Note 3 PRO (kenzo) and RedMi Note 3 SE (kate).

Moderator: dr4kendroid

timelord47

Unlock bootloader Kate

Postby timelord47 » 22 Dec 2016, 15:44

Hi, i am having trouble to unlock the bootloader of my Kate device, it stucks at 50%, all the time, i spend the last two months trying every 10 days and waiting, no one in the oficial forum has a clue of why :x :x .
Any good method that i can unlock the bootloader, install TWRP recovery so i can use this rom

Proud owner of Redmi Note 3 Special Edition (Kate)

lzwfkv

Re: Unlock bootloader Kate

Postby lzwfkv » 26 Dec 2016, 05:48

timelord47 wrote:Hi, i am having trouble to unlock the bootloader of my Kate device, it stucks at 50%, all the time, i spend the last two months trying every 10 days and waiting, no one in the oficial forum has a clue of why :x :x .
Any good method that i can unlock the bootloader, install TWRP recovery so i can use this rom

you are not the only one with the unlocking issue, you are in a crowded group of unlucky users.
I tried to unlock for more than 1 month but at some point i gave up. However don't worry, because you will be able to install a custom twrp even if locked as i am doing.
Be aware that the following method will not work straightforward for miui global dev roms with versions above 6.11.3:

1. download fastboot version of global dev/beta rom for kate up to release 6.11.3 (it's reassured to work with 6.9.29 and 6.10.13 cause i have directly used them multiple times), following versions would not boot because they have changed the locked bootloader controls.
2. uncompress twice the downloaded tgz image and tar file
3. download the custom twrp of your choice, either zcx or alka are recommended, i personally use zcx twrp and can ensure it works.
4. in the dev rom unzipped folder, under images path, delete (or copy it if you want to keep a backup) the recovery.img file and replace it with the custom recovery ". img" file (rename it to recovery.img if needed).
5. boot the phone in EDL mode
then flash fastboot Dev rom (the right DEV Rom for your Phone !) using miflash tool from dev rom folder where you have uncompressed the fastboot rom, using the images path in miflash.
6. when flashing is complete and successful, reboot to recovery first by pressing and holding volume up+power buttons together, make sure to not boot to the system the first time otherwise the global dev rom will replace your custom recovery with the stock one.
7. configure the twrp for your native language and set the flag to disable dm-verity check.
8. reboot at least once to the miui (system) to allow miui rom to adjust partitions and file systems, before doing anything else.
Now you are done, you have a custom recovery and can boot it to flash globeROM roms, just wiping cache and dalvik.

t-ryder

Re: Unlock bootloader Kate

Postby t-ryder » 02 Jan 2017, 11:53

All you need is in here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1cyJDH0uIykTGpOMUY1N2pENVE/view?usp=sharing (2GB)

CAUTION:
This is an unofficial unlock of the bootloader
I am not responsible for bricked devices, thermonuclear war or your monkey dancing samba
If you brick your device or have bootloops try fastboot ROM flash

Return to “RedMi Note 3 / Pro / SE”