[HELP] Redmi Note 4 Fastboot mode problem [Q/A]

Post your Bugs, Requests and Support Questions about MiUI globeROM and Mods here.

Moderator: dr4kendroid

iDamn
Thanks received: 2

[HELP] Redmi Note 4 Fastboot mode problem [Q/A]

Postby iDamn » 01 May 2017, 17:27

hai

i just bought this phone very recently and got a problem that i dont see anybody else is having. my phone's fastboot mode will only display for about 10-15 seconds before it reboots itself into charging mode (if a cable is connected) or just power off. here's the list of what i've done.

- apply with reasonable explaination when i was on global stable rom
- downloaded the mi unlock tool after i got SMS of confirmation from mi team
- enabled OEM and also USB debugging
- add device and account too
- logged in with the one and only mi account that i have
- flashed the global developer rom 7.2.16 because i read you need dev rom to unlock bootloader
- checked with adb and it said that it is ready
- tested with 95% battery, same results
- rebooted to fastboot mode using adb commands, same results.

anyone can help me here? i am totally clueless to why this is happening

iDamn
Thanks received: 2

Re: [HELP] Redmi Note 4 Fastboot mode problem [Q/A]

Postby iDamn » 03 May 2017, 18:01

I've finally found a solution that was totally worth it. didn't find any article or tutorial about this one so i guess i should explain what i've done. so everyone here knows that i can't access bootloader, and turns out there are some drivers that were not installed properly. well while i was in that brief few seconds in fastboot mode, i used the command "fastboot oem edl" which made the faulty driver appear in device manager for a few seconds while my phone is still alive.

so in that brief moment i took the chance to install a driver from intel corporation, called "intel android bootloader interface". after i did that, instantly i saw the faulty driver from the device manager list transformed into "Android device - Android bootloader interface". then i gave the fastboot mode a shot by using "adb reboot bootloader" and i was ecstatic when i saw my phone was not showing any sign of rebooting.

so nvm thanks anyway. cheers

dr4kendroid
Developer / Admin
Developer / Admin
Phone Model: Mi 5 , Mi 6
Thanks received: 289

Postby dr4kendroid » 03 May 2017, 20:56

thanks for posting your solution
Best Price Xiaomi Products - free shipping worldwide !!!
Just send us PM if you need any coupons ;)

siddhant_jain10

Postby siddhant_jain10 » 18 Sep 2017, 17:15

iDamn wrote:I've finally found a solution that was totally worth it. didn't find any article or tutorial about this one so i guess i should explain what i've done. so everyone here knows that i can't access bootloader, and turns out there are some drivers that were not installed properly. well while i was in that brief few seconds in fastboot mode, i used the command "fastboot oem edl" which made the faulty driver appear in device manager for a few seconds while my phone is still alive.

so in that brief moment i took the chance to install a driver from intel corporation, called "intel android bootloader interface". after i did that, instantly i saw the faulty driver from the device manager list transformed into "Android device - Android bootloader interface". then i gave the fastboot mode a shot by using "adb reboot bootloader" and i was ecstatic when i saw my phone was not showing any sign of rebooting.

so nvm thanks anyway. cheers

i am also facing the same problem but i an not able to understand your solution. can you please tell mi about this more briefly..??

Return to “Support and Help”