[HELP] Battery drain and huge heating while charging - MI4

Post your Bugs, Requests and Support Questions about MiUI globeROM and Mods here.

Moderator: dr4kendroid

burpo
Thanks received: 1

[HELP] Battery drain and huge heating while charging - MI4

Postby burpo » 02 May 2017, 12:45

Hello Miuiers,
I'm facing some problems with my MI4 after flashing the mi-globe 8.3 based on 7.4.27 dev.
My phone went to 80+ degrees when charging, to the point that I cant even touch it. Never had this issue. I read surfing internet that this is a miui 8 problem, but I already had the miui 8 italian dev and no problem of heating.
An other problem is that the battery drain very fast. I saw that it is fixable disabling the miui phone finder. I'm trying it now.
Other question: I'm downloading the mi-globe without mi apps. Can I flash it without wiping apps, datas etc?
Thank for the support! ;)

dr4kendroid
Developer / Admin
Developer / Admin
Phone Model: Mi 5 , Mi 6
Thanks received: 289

Re: [HELP] Battery drain and huge heating while charging - MI4

Postby dr4kendroid » 03 May 2017, 08:14

burpo wrote:Hello Miuiers,
I'm facing some problems with my MI4 after flashing the mi-globe 8.3 based on 7.4.27 dev.
My phone went to 80+ degrees when charging, to the point that I cant even touch it. Never had this issue. I read surfing internet that this is a miui 8 problem, but I already had the miui 8 italian dev and no problem of heating.
An other problem is that the battery drain very fast. I saw that it is fixable disabling the miui phone finder. I'm trying it now.
Other question: I'm downloading the mi-globe without mi apps. Can I flash it without wiping apps, datas etc?
Thank for the support! ;)

Yes you can flash without wipe data.

As for the heating problem:
Make sure to disable location services completely if you dont need it. Only activate for navigating or when you need your location. Even if you disable GPS on toggle, the background location is still active. Go to GPS Settings and disable all location services if you dont need.
Best Price Xiaomi Products - free shipping worldwide !!!
Just send us PM if you need any coupons ;)

burpo

Postby burpo » 03 May 2017, 12:36

Thank you for reply. What about battery drain? Is it a miui 8 problem? This is strange because I didn't had this problem with the miui 8 italian dev. I'm asking you an other question. Recently I replaced the usb part (flex cable etc) bought from ebay. May be possible that this part (I think not original) gave me antenna signal problem?

paolodev00
Developer / Admin
Developer / Admin
Phone Model: RedMi 3, Mi 5
Thanks received: 92

Postby paolodev00 » 03 May 2017, 12:42

burpo wrote:Thank you for reply. What about battery drain? Is it a miui 8 problem? This is strange because I didn't had this problem with the miui 8 italian dev. I'm asking you an other question. Recently I replaced the usb part (flex cable etc) bought from ebay. May be possible that this part (I think not original) gave me antenna signal problem?

its never good idea to compare old dev-rom with new dev-rom.
can always be battery drain. maybe try stable roms.

but no original flex cable can also be the problem.. nobody can tell you for sure but its possible.

burpo

Postby burpo » 03 May 2017, 12:54

Where's the antenna placed? Is it in the plastic shell?

burpo

Postby burpo » 04 May 2017, 06:09

It seems I solved the problems. Yesterday I disassembled again the phone and cecked again all the wire connections.
Now The antenna seems to be good. I also solved the headphones mic problem, cause by a mashed pin. I also had a buzz when calling during charging, solved. Just a strange thing is that after I flashed the mi globe without bloatwartes, when booting it appears miui.it :lol:
Now testing.
Thanks you for this amazing ROM

sugardad

Postby sugardad » 30 May 2017, 08:42

Mi4/Mi4W heating Issues from Dev/S-Miui/Mi-globe are usually due to Kernel Optimizations
It's Best to select Balanced and/or Battery efficient due to the fact that the Mi4/Mi4W CPU (SnapDragon 801) is -very- heat prone.

In fact, and speaking for myself now,
until I realize that the cause of overheating (under circumstances) was my personal preference towards speed/boost/performance,
due to extensive and prolonged time periods of heating of the aforementioned preference, I caused the battery to deteriorate so quickly that it swell(!)

burpo

Postby burpo » 09 Jun 2017, 06:06

You're right my friend.
Yesterday I changed the rom with the original dev version. Every problem's gone now. This mi-globe is fault, don't flash it.

Jaekry

Postby Jaekry » 26 Jun 2017, 15:30

Which one did you use (site)
I can find one at miui.eu for the Mi5s (my phone), but not on miui.com

I have the feeling that the last (2?/3?) weeks/roms, my phone drains more than before (no extra apps or different settings)
Gsam says 35% of drain is cause dby kernel/android system in 8h (left with 40% now, screentime 1h)

paolodev00
Developer / Admin
Developer / Admin
Phone Model: RedMi 3, Mi 5
Thanks received: 92

Postby paolodev00 » 27 Jun 2017, 08:35

Jaekry wrote:Which one did you use (site)
I can find one at miui.eu for the Mi5s (my phone), but not on miui.com

I have the feeling that the last (2?/3?) weeks/roms, my phone drains more than before (no extra apps or different settings)
Gsam says 35% of drain is cause dby kernel/android system in 8h (left with 40% now, screentime 1h)
burpo wrote:You're right my friend.
Yesterday I changed the rom with the original dev version. Every problem's gone now. This mi-globe is fault, don't flash it.

please keep in mind:

globeROM is basically xiaomi.eu rom. it can be possible that govtuner is not working good for your phone and making it hot. so please just disable govtuner on rombuilder expert settings and your problem is gone. further you should try stable version. dev can allways have little problems.

Return to “Support and Help”