How to Disable Fast Charging - Please

ROMs, Mods, Discussion and all other Topics about the Xiaomi RedMi Pro (omega).

Moderator: dr4kendroid

taiji2078

How to Disable Fast Charging - Please

Postby taiji2078 » 02 Jun 2017, 12:52

Hello,

I bought an Anker slim external battery pack for a small price. Normally I would of just bought a new battery and that's it ... but because I'm afraid to open my Redmi Pro, I bought an external battery ... big mistake it seems ... and here's why :

The Anker pretends to integrate an intelligent charging tech, to perfectly adapt to the charged phone requirements ... but my phone is fully charging in like 40 minutes from 30% using their battery. In the process both Anker and Redmi Pro are burning Red hot (I guess this is why it's called Redmi:))

Anyway, I'm supposed to be able to carry around my phone in my pocket, with the slim charger attached. Now, even on table, both are burning like hell when charging ...

Contacting first Anker, they blame the phone maker, for the invasive fast charging technology. Evidently it's not their fault :)))) Like every serious company, they blame the others ...

So my hopes are with you, because my battery is almost dead and I cannot replace it ... I need to use the external battery.
Please, is there any way I could (from software) disable the fast charging ?

Thank you !

taiji2078

Re: How to Disable Fast Charging - Please

Postby taiji2078 » 02 Jun 2017, 14:21

Samsung has the option to disable fast charging. Can you please tell me where to find it for MIUI ? ... if it even exists of course ... Thank you !

https://www.howtogeek.com/262819/how-to ... t-want-to/

tafkab60
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Thanks received: 8

Re: How to Disable Fast Charging - Please

Postby tafkab60 » 13 Jun 2017, 14:11

Hello !

Try a different Just charge cable were the data lines are not present/not connected.
This should only charge with 500 milli Amps and the heat is gone.
At least it should.
regards TafkaB !

Return to “RedMi Pro”