Error 7 -> TWRP

ROMs, Mods, Discussion and all other Topics about the Xiaomi RedMi 4 (prada), RedMi 4 Pro (markw) and RedMi 4A (rolex).

Moderator: dr4kendroid

alcest

Error 7 -> TWRP

Postby alcest » 22 Dec 2016, 18:55

Hello, I'm always getting the error 7 as on screenshot(just to imagine, not directly my screen but same error) by installing your ROM. By installing Xiaomi.eu ROM no problem at all. So far I know you are using the same ROM, so why I'm getting the error? I can't install your ROM :/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

alcest

Re: Error 7 -> TWRP

Postby alcest » 22 Dec 2016, 19:16

Hmm, when I install Xiaomi.eu ROM, after that normal wipe in TWRP and then I install your ROM I'm successful. But when I install Xiaomi.eu ROM and do advanced wipe(including system) and then I try to install your ROM I will get the error 7 message. That means, that I have to install first different ROM and do normal wipe, after that your ROM and never do system wipe again. Maybe that helps someone.

One question still, because there is still no stable EUrom out for Redmi 4 prime I had to install the developer ROM. Later I will definitely switch to stable, do I have to make complete wipe, including system, do I have to make anykind of wipe or can that stable ROM be installed from updater app?

Thanks

dr4kendroid
Developer / Admin
Developer / Admin
Phone Model: Mi 5 , Mi 6
Thanks received: 289

Postby dr4kendroid » 25 Dec 2016, 14:14

alcest wrote:Hmm, when I install Xiaomi.eu ROM, after that normal wipe in TWRP and then I install your ROM I'm successful. But when I install Xiaomi.eu ROM and do advanced wipe(including system) and then I try to install your ROM I will get the error 7 message. That means, that I have to install first different ROM and do normal wipe, after that your ROM and never do system wipe again. Maybe that helps someone.

One question still, because there is still no stable EUrom out for Redmi 4 prime I had to install the developer ROM. Later I will definitely switch to stable, do I have to make complete wipe, including system, do I have to make anykind of wipe or can that stable ROM be installed from updater app?

Thanks

I am pretty sure this is a problem with your recovery ! When flashing xiaomi.eu ROM your recovery will be overwritten. and after that our installation of globeROM works. Make sure to follow our How-To to install the correct TWRP recovery from xiaomi.eu repository.
When flashing stable over DEV version you normally dont have to wipa data. Only when release dates differ a lot.
Best Price Xiaomi Products - free shipping worldwide !!!
Just send us PM if you need any coupons ;)

alcest

Postby alcest » 25 Dec 2016, 18:46

I had a china stable before and followed the installation of twrp on miuios.cz, which is the same as xiaomi.eu. Hard to tell what was the problem. After the stable rom will be released I can try to make full wipe again and see if I will be able to install the stable globe rom without any errors. So thanks for the answers!

mase

Postby mase » 29 Dec 2016, 05:42

I have the same error on Redmi Pro and when it fails i reboot the recovery and then flash the rom again and it works.
Never had this before on other phones.

alcest

Postby alcest » 11 Jan 2017, 09:10

mase wrote:I have the same error on Redmi Pro and when it fails i reboot the recovery and then flash the rom again and it works.

I can confirm that after the error 7 an reboot back into the recovery helped and installation went through without any error!

dr4kendroid
Developer / Admin
Developer / Admin
Phone Model: Mi 5 , Mi 6
Thanks received: 289

Postby dr4kendroid » 12 Jan 2017, 11:10

alcest wrote:
mase wrote:I have the same error on Redmi Pro and when it fails i reboot the recovery and then flash the rom again and it works.

I can confirm that after the error 7 an reboot back into the recovery helped and installation went through without any error!

This error happened some time ago on Mi5 too . . .

This is why we wrote about it in our How-To and even our flashing process give you information about it right on your display.
Best Price Xiaomi Products - free shipping worldwide !!!
Just send us PM if you need any coupons ;)

Return to “RedMi 4 / Pro / A”