Changelog 7.3.23

Find allways latest Changelogs for MiUI GlobeROM here.

Moderator: dr4kendroid

dr4kendroid
Developer / Admin
Developer / Admin
Phone Model: Mi 5 , Mi 6
Thanks received: 206

Changelog 7.3.23

Postby dr4kendroid » 24 Mar 2017, 08:02

MiUI globeROM Changelog

- Fixed some smaller bugs in ROM installation script.
    - !! Reuploaded all ROMs (fixed mount Problems/globeROM feature selection not being applied) !!
    Mi4C/Mi4S/MiNotePRO if you update from earlier than 7.3.9 release, DISABLE Pattern unlock screen before update!
    HM3 / HMNote3PRO / HMNote3SE reboot to TWRP via buttons combination for install update

Please read the How To before flashing our ROM! --> http://mi-globe.com/index.php/how-to
Please read the FAQ for Frequently asked Questions! --> http://forum.mi-globe.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=205

Problems or Feature Requests can be posted on our Support Forum --> http://forum.mi-globe.com/viewforum.php?f=33
Download latest MiUI globeROM here --> http://mi-globe.com/index.php/rom-builder/

xiaomi.eu and official MIUI Changes

Lockscreen, Status Bar, Notification Bar
Optimization - Option for never requiring the Lock screen password (03-21)
Fix - Couldn't connect to the personal hotspot if it was turned on in the Notification shade (03-17)

Home screen
Optimization - Open the Weather app using the weather clock widget (03-21)

Data Usage
New - New Network assistant (03-21)

Fixed Super Mario Run game FC
Best Price Xiaomi Products - free shipping worldwide !!!
Just send us PM if you need any coupons ;)

Dagegen
Thanks received: 4

Re: Changelog 7.3.23

Postby Dagegen » 24 Mar 2017, 08:16

HM3 / HMNote3PRO / HMNote3SE reboot to TWRP via buttons combination for install update

Sorry if this is a stupid question.... What will the difference be booting to TWRP via the hard buttons and via the MIUI Updater app?

Thnx for the update!!!

dr4kendroid
Developer / Admin
Developer / Admin

Postby dr4kendroid » 24 Mar 2017, 08:25

Dagegen wrote:

Sorry if this is a stupid question.... What will the difference be booting to TWRP via the hard buttons and via the MIUI Updater app?

Thnx for the update!!!

Maybe crashing with FC or something like that. This info is from xiaomi.eu so I cannot tell 100% sure.
There is many ways to boot to TWRP.. Updater App, Buttons combination, adb reboot command.
If you are already using globeROM you can simply use our 3-way reboot mod to boot to recovery (TWRP).

alcest

Postby alcest » 24 Mar 2017, 09:43

I have found out that after full wipe you are not able to install globe rom, I have Redmi 4 prime. I have updated to latest stable from earlier stable, I'm always doing full wipe in twrp. I was able to install the rom (in twrp), but I could not restart the phone into system from twpr or just shut it down, the phone always freeze after I pressed the restart button or turn off, or reboot back into recovery etc. I had to hold the power button, then it rebooted after 30second and stuck at the MI logo, all the time. Then I was able to get back into twrp only by pressing power, volume down and volume up at the same time. I have tried to install that rom couple of times and always with the same result. Then I have found out on xda forum, that some lazypatcher zip file as to be installed while still in twrp, it skips some checking of phone/rom encryption or whatever(new stuff from xiaomi). After that I booted into os, however it was pure os, without any custom stuff like adaway, mixplorer or any that stuff I have selected by building the rom. Then I had to go back into twrp again and install the globe rom again, over the same rom which I have installed before (now without wipe as it would create again the same loop as mentioned before). After I did that and rebooted I saw the globe loading animation and all the wanted stuff was in there. I have to say that it never happened to me with any rom just with yours. I believe that you are adding into it (or maybe you are deleting/changing) some part of code (besides of the part of code which is adding adaway and removing stuff like xiaomi service) which makes this difference. I had never any problem with the same rom from miuios.cz, which should be the same rom as xiaomi.eu rom, which should be the same base rom you are using in rom builder. But there has to be some tiny but still major difference which is always making this problems to me by installing your custom stable roms from rombuilder. It would be great if you could investigate that somehow. Phone is working fine now, but the installation of the rom after full wipe is crazy and it takes some time and knowledge to overcome the problems. I have to say that my phone was never encrypted, but only after the lazypatch zip file I was able to boot into the clean os. Thanks for reading :D

Edit: Ok, this might not be a problem caused by you/rom builder as one other guy on other forum reported the same 'stuck at mi logo' shit on his prada device and last stable xiaomi.eu rom. This has to be some higher problem on china roms I guess as the eu roms are based on china roms.
Last edited by alcest on 24 Mar 2017, 10:12, edited 1 time in total.

lzwfkv
Thanks received: 1

Postby lzwfkv » 24 Mar 2017, 10:04

dr4kendroid wrote:
Dagegen wrote:

Thnx for the update!!!

Maybe crashing with FC or something like that. This info is from xiaomi.eu so I cannot tell 100% sure.
There is many ways to boot to TWRP.. Updater App, Buttons combination, adb reboot command.
If you are already using globeROM you can simply use our 3-way reboot mod to boot to recovery (TWRP).

It is the same, usually. This is a particular case whereby the software based methods to reboot to TWRP did not work in the latest 2 weekly/dev releases (7.3.9 and 7.3.16) due to a bug for the mentioned devices; therefore, if the update is done string from one of those two releases the only method to reboot to TWRP for these devices is to reboot using the key combo method.

dr4kendroid
Developer / Admin
Developer / Admin

Postby dr4kendroid » 24 Mar 2017, 10:31

alcest wrote:I have found out that after full wipe you are not able to install globe rom, I have Redmi 4 prime. I have updated to latest stable from earlier stable, I'm always doing full wipe in twrp. I was able to install the rom (in twrp), but ...

Would be easier to read your text if you used some blanks and newlines ^^ ..

Well we do not have some kind of "code" thats different from xiaomi.eu or china ROM.
We dont even change the original ROM file in terms of updater-script and system image files.

Installing globeROM does the following:
1. Flash official xiaomi.eu ROM (unchanged!)
2. Apply globeROM basic changes like bootanimation, 3way reboot menu and other tweaks
3. Apply changes you configured in the ROM Builder.

Dagegen
Thanks received: 4

Postby Dagegen » 24 Mar 2017, 10:51

lzwfkv wrote:
It is the same, usually. This is a particular case whereby the software based methods to reboot to TWRP did not work in the latest 2 weekly/dev releases (7.3.9 and 7.3.16) due to a bug for the mentioned devices; therefore, if the update is done string from one of those two releases the only method to reboot to TWRP for these devices is to reboot using the key combo method.

Ah ok thanx for the technical info :mrgreen:

I have never had this issue going from 7.3.9 into 7.3.16 .. but it seems that from 7.3.16 it has bogged out and also it seems with today's release aswell 7.3.23

The only way to get into TWRP is with adb command or (Volume up + Volume down + Power button) Yes all three buttons at once. :roll:

ydd0ras
Phone Model: Xiaomi Mi2a, Redmi 1s, Mi 4w, Mi 4s and a fake Mi 4w!

Postby ydd0ras » 24 Mar 2017, 12:55

Hello @ dr4kendroid.
Just flashed the 7.3.23 on my few times, but no success. The first and second build I have cooked and downloaded stuck while installing mods. The 3rd one i have cooked without mods and everything disabled except MIUI Weather. The flash process has been finished, but after pressing the reboot button, recovery told me no OS is installed. Please see the ss.
For the moment have successfully restored my 7.3.16 nandroid backup!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dr4kendroid
Developer / Admin
Developer / Admin

Postby dr4kendroid » 24 Mar 2017, 13:11

ydd0ras wrote:Hello @ dr4kendroid.
Just flashed the 7.3.23 on my few times, but no success. The first and second build I have cooked and downloaded stuck while installing mods. The 3rd one i have cooked without mods and everything disabled except MIUI Weather. The flash process has been finished, but after pressing the reboot button, recovery told me no OS is installed. Please see the ss.

Please upload /sdcard/globeROM_install.log as described.
Otherwise I cannot tell whats wrong.

Anyone else having problems ?

ydd0ras
Phone Model: Xiaomi Mi2a, Redmi 1s, Mi 4w, Mi 4s and a fake Mi 4w!

Postby ydd0ras » 24 Mar 2017, 14:06

dr4kendroid wrote:
ydd0ras wrote:Hello @ dr4kendroid.

Please upload /sdcard/globeROM_install.log as described.
Otherwise I cannot tell whats wrong.

Anyone else having problems ?

Sorry, forgot that. Here we go:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “MiUI GlobeROM Changelog”