Bootloop while installing latest release

ROMs, Mods, Discussion and all other Topics about the Xiaomi Mi Note Pro (leo).

Moderator: dr4kendroid

Goriaa

Re: Bootloop while installing latest release

Postby Goriaa » 06 Jun 2017, 11:10

I tried to install the ROM just nowand after more than 30 min of waiting at the boot animation of the GlobeROM, I gave up aftre i reflashed it with wip every thing, no chance. in between my phone is too heat up really bad.

and what we schould doing go to install another ROM , can we increas repartition, if ja how please, thanks
Last edited by Goriaa on 06 Jun 2017, 11:50, edited 1 time in total.

gendouhydeist
Thanks received: 2

Postby gendouhydeist » 06 Jun 2017, 11:39

@dr4kendroid
Honestly I tried it several times, The 1st one was when I was still using android 5.0 mi-globe to mi-globe v8.2.1.0 and I get only bootloop.
Also note that I always wiping all my partition before flashing any rom just in case.
Also note that I I'm already using the TWRP 3.0.0.0 by mic, the same TWRP that you link.

I hate MIUI EU it's too power hungry unlike my previous miui version.
Which system partition your talking about?

EDIT:
Will edit once I done my testing.
CHINA ROM > WIPE > MI-GLOBE.

dr4kendroid
Developer / Admin
Developer / Admin
Phone Model: Mi 5 , Mi 6
Thanks received: 289

Postby dr4kendroid » 06 Jun 2017, 12:57

I have uploaded a new ROM for you guys.
Can you please try to install and send me /tmp/recovery.log and /sdcard/globeROM_install.log

DOWNLOAD LINK

Please install this TWRP before: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=673368273298930581
Best Price Xiaomi Products - free shipping worldwide !!!
Just send us PM if you need any coupons ;)

gendouhydeist

Postby gendouhydeist » 06 Jun 2017, 13:55

What I did.
Installed your preferred TWRP > ADVANCED WIPE ALL > INSTALL MI-GLOBE.

Tried to boot it but it seems it was looping as well.
I notice you're using MIUI EU ROM here :) kindly note normal eu rom works fine on this device.

It works. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dr4kendroid
Developer / Admin
Developer / Admin

Postby dr4kendroid » 06 Jun 2017, 14:16

Thanks a lot for verifying that test ROM !
As you can see now, every globeROM installation is flashing xiaomi.eu ROM first ! But this ROM is using so much space that we can not apply any further mods without having bootloops!

So we give you at least stock xiaomi.eu ROM instead of bootloops now ;P

If you are further interested, you can flash the same ROM with another config. For example without some MIUI Apps like MIUI Browser, Email, etc...
That will free up some system space and maybe this is enough for the installation.

To do so , you can just use the same downloaded file. Just rename it to "globeROM_v8_leo_7.5.25_cfg-umcogdt.zip" and install in TWRP.

Would be very interesting to see the logfile after this.

gendouhydeist

Postby gendouhydeist » 06 Jun 2017, 14:53

Here's my config file using.
globeROM_v8_leo_7.5.25_cfg-gogsusgompogwc.zip

Wow it really works well.

So what's wrong with china rom? Why is it too big? can you tell me the capacity of /system partition in kibibytes.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Goriaa

Postby Goriaa » 06 Jun 2017, 15:53

dr4kendroid wrote:I have uploaded a new ROM for you guys.
Can you please try to install and send me /tmp/recovery.log and /sdcard/globeROM_install.log

DOWNLOAD LINK

Please install this TWRP before: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=673368273298930581

Hallo
sorry for nobe qusation, what is the differnz betwen the miui eu rom and this one hier, you say that at first ist eu rom with some configration, is your Rom with eu rom too. thanks

dr4kendroid
Developer / Admin
Developer / Admin

Postby dr4kendroid » 07 Jun 2017, 09:04

gendouhydeist wrote:Here's my config file using.

So what's wrong with china rom? Why is it too big? can you tell me the capacity of /system partition in kibibytes.

Not at all... You still have a bug in your installation!
This is the TWRP bug and now I think I have found a way to track it..

solution is easy...

Make sure you are using latest TWRP version!
Reboot TWRP and flash ROM again!
DO NOT wipe /system manually before flashing!

I have uploaded another test rom for you. Would be great if you can install one last time. You can use the same name -> globeROM_v8_leo_7.5.25_cfg-gogsusgompogwc.zip

DOWNLOAD LINK

For repartitioning - Latest xiaomi phone use 3 GB system partition .. Thats enough.

vstancea
Phone Model: Mi Note Pro
Thanks received: 1

Postby vstancea » 07 Jun 2017, 12:06

dr4kendroid wrote:

solution is easy...

I have uploaded another test rom for you. Would be great if you can install one last time. You can use the same name -> globeROM_v8_leo_7.5.25_cfg-gogsusgompogwc.zip

DOWNLOAD LINK

For repartitioning - Latest xiaomi phone use 3 GB system partition .. Thats enough.

During the weekend i plan to resize the system partition to 3GB. After should the "normal" Globe ROM, from site's ROM builder work without any issues?

I haven't had time to try your modified ROM yet, but is the ROM you compiled just the "vanilla flavored" xiaomi.eu ROM? or a "stripped down" Globe ROM variant?

You also mentioned that it must be a TWRP bug and we should install the latest version of TWRP, but as you probably know, for Mi Note Pro we have just a handful of versions to choose from. In my particular case I have TWRP 3.0.0-0 by mic

dr4kendroid
Developer / Admin
Developer / Admin

Postby dr4kendroid » 07 Jun 2017, 13:00

vstancea wrote:
dr4kendroid wrote:

solution is easy...

DOWNLOAD LINK

During the weekend i plan to resize the system partition to 3GB. After should the "normal" Globe ROM, from site's ROM builder work without any issues?

I haven't had time to try your modified ROM yet, but is the ROM you compiled just the "vanilla flavored" xiaomi.eu ROM? or a "stripped down" Globe ROM variant?

You also mentioned that it must be a TWRP bug and we should install the latest version of TWRP, but as you probably know, for Mi Note Pro we have just a handful of versions to choose from. In my particular case I have TWRP 3.0.0-0 by mic

Yes, with 3GB partition you dont have any storage space issues ! You can just select all features on ROM Builder an install without problems.

the Rom i uploaded here for testing is the latest release of our regular globeROM. For you to test to prevent other user getting bootloops. On Friday we will release next official version on our website.

well about the TWRP .. There is a bug in TWRP when you do any actions like wiping /system manually or flashing a ROM and after that you flash a ROM again without rebooting before, it will fail ! You can fix this by yourself with just rebooting to recovery again before doing that tasks. But I tell people to download latest TWRP with hope that they made a fix for that.

To succesfully flash the ROM, just boot to recovery, press install and chose the zip file... no need for wiping /system manually because its already done by the install process.

Return to “Mi Note Pro”