using flashify in order to install mi Globe

ROMs, Mods, Discussion and all other Topics about the Xiaomi Mi 4c (libra).

Moderator: dr4kendroid

zatanasov

using flashify in order to install mi Globe

Postby zatanasov » 27 Jun 2017, 08:08

Hello,

I just wanted to ask if someone used flashify app in order to install globe ROM on your mi4c or only with TWRP recovery as by now i was doing. I have some issue, after update from android 6 to android 7, can not load my TWRP recovery again. It was version 2.8.7.0 and i guess that i should flash newer recovery which will work under Android 7. However, i downloaded TWRP - 7 - libra, but in CMD i have an error - can not load TWRP and i can not flash the new recovery image. The phone is unlocked - i checked this in CMD, rooted, visible with command fastboot devices - i have the phone with the serial number and i am out of ideas what it could be the reason.

So, i am asking if i can flash the newer Roms from MI-Globe with Flashify app in order to go through the TWRP issue that i have.

Thank you a lot for your assistance.

Regards.

dr4kendroid
Developer / Admin
Developer / Admin
Phone Model: Mi 5 , Mi 6
Thanks received: 265

Re: using flashify in order to install mi Globe

Postby dr4kendroid » 27 Jun 2017, 08:24

zatanasov wrote:Hello,

I just wanted to ask if someone used flashify app in order to install globe ROM on your mi4c or only with TWRP recovery as by now i was doing. I have some issue, after update from android 6 to android 7, can not load my TWRP recovery again. It was version 2.8.7.0 and i guess that i should flash newer recovery which will work under Android 7. However, i downloaded TWRP - 7 - libra, but in CMD i have an error - can not load TWRP and i can not flash the new recovery image. The phone is unlocked - i checked this in CMD, rooted, visible with command fastboot devices - i have the phone with the serial number and i am out of ideas what it could be the reason.

So, i am asking if i can flash the newer Roms from MI-Globe with Flashify app in order to go through the TWRP issue that i have.

Thank you a lot for your assistance.

Regards.

First thing - You can use flashify to install globeROM, but then your "expert Settings" will not be used. These settings are read from the filename and flashify is renaming the file before flashing... globeROM will be installed successfully, but with default settings.

When you connect your phone to USB in fastboot mode you should be able to do "fastboot flash recovery <name of your twrp.img>" If that doesnt work your phone might be locked.

Can you tell the output/error you get from that command ?
Best Price Xiaomi Products - free shipping worldwide !!!
Just send us PM if you need any coupons ;)

zatanasov

Postby zatanasov » 27 Jun 2017, 08:52

Hello dr4kendroid,

Thank you for your assistance and prompt answer. Everything is clear now for Flashify, i did not know that it renames the ROM. I am not a fan of loosing my expert settings so i have to make the TWRP work again. I had no problems with the TWRP until now, so many updates i have done from your ROM :).
I typed fastboot oem device-info and the results are "device unlocked true" device critical unlocked - true. I also downloaded mi unlock tool, after the update to android 7 and unlocked the phone again, it ran successful -100%. I have super sue on my phone, developer options available, usb debugging checked. The TWRP image is in the adb folder with fastboot .exe file. I used this recovery - TWRP_libra_7.0.zip- https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=50678. When i type fastboot flash recovery twrp.img the message is Error:"cannot load twrp/image file.
I tried several times but with no luck. I even try to flash the recovery image from flashify but i can not load the image file, flashify app did not find it on the internal storage even i copied the image file of the recovery to the phone, i do not know why. IF it is zip file it is visible in flashify.
When i try to boot in recovery mode by pressing power + volume up, the phone restarting with the mi boot logo over and over again, so that is why i want to instal new recovery which will wok under new version of Android - 7.

Thanks.

dr4kendroid
Developer / Admin
Developer / Admin
Phone Model: Mi 5 , Mi 6
Thanks received: 265

Postby dr4kendroid » 27 Jun 2017, 11:20

In that case something with your recovery partitions seems to be faulty.
You can do the following to fix this:

- Download latest fastboot ROM for your phone from here http://en.miui.com/a-234.html
- Reboot phone to fastboot mode
- Connect to USB
- Install Fastboot ROM with "wipe all" (you will lose ALL data on your phone) CREATE BACKUP BEFORE !

After that you have a clean Phone and you can try again to flash your TWRP with "fastboot flash recovery twrp.img"
Best Price Xiaomi Products - free shipping worldwide !!!
Just send us PM if you need any coupons ;)

zatanasov

Postby zatanasov » 27 Jun 2017, 12:40

Thank you, i will try that way. Maybe this is the last possible option.

Thanks again for your assistance and time.

Regards,
Tsonyo

Return to “Mi 4c”