No connection via adb/fastboot after official unlock

ROMs, Mods, Discussion and all other Topics about the Xiaomi Mi 4c (libra).

Moderator: dr4kendroid

neustadt

No connection via adb/fastboot after official unlock

Postby neustadt » 29 Mar 2017, 17:42

Hi, I recently updated my Mi4c to Android 7 and today I received the official unlock permissions from xiaomi.

After I unlocked my phone with the official tool, I am experiencing weird behavior which prevents me from connecting via adb.
Under windows no devices are listed with the respective "adb devices" and "fastboot devices" commands. Also I have lost the ability to connect to my phone via usb file transfer. I can see my phone in the root path of windows explorer, but no directories are shown.
I have tried setting and unsetting usb debug mode, but that makes no difference.

When I boot into fastoboot via power+vol down I can connect with fastboot.exe, but I cant boot (dtb not found) or install twrp.

c:\adb>fastboot.exe boot TWRP_libra\twrp-3.1.0.0.img
downloading 'boot.img'...
OKAY [ 1.627s]
booting...
FAILED (remote: dtb not found)
finished. total time: 1.689s

Installing twrp seems to work at first glance. But after the flashing, my phone wont boot into recovery mode. I only see the white Mi logo on my screen.

Before the unlock (or when I was running Android 5) everything worked fine. I have even tried to update my usb windows drivers, but that didnt help either.
Might this have to do anything with Mi Sync? I have enabled my account on my phone, but I have removed the sync tools via the rom builder..

Thanks

dr4kendroid
Developer / Admin
Developer / Admin
Phone Model: Mi 5 , Mi 6
Thanks received: 265

Re: No connection via adb/fastboot after official unlock

Postby dr4kendroid » 30 Mar 2017, 07:46

AFAIK you should keep the Xiaomi Sync apps while unlocking .. But when you already unlocked its no problem to remove them.
Your problem can have many causes. USB drivers - even if you reinstalled, sometimes you have to completely remove every google/adb driver from your computer before you can successfully install a new working driver.

I would do complete install again.
-Fastboot ROM
-Unlock (if neccesary)
-TWRP
-globeROM / or any other ROM you want

That should work 100 %
Best Price Xiaomi Products - free shipping worldwide !!!
Just send us PM if you need any coupons ;)

Luzog

Postby Luzog » 30 Mar 2017, 11:02

dr4kendroid wrote:AFAIK you should keep the Xiaomi Sync apps while unlocking .. But when you already unlocked its no problem to remove them.
Your problem can have many causes. USB drivers - even if you reinstalled, sometimes you have to completely remove every google/adb driver from your computer before you can successfully install a new working driver.

I would do complete install again.
-Fastboot ROM
-Unlock (if neccesary)
-TWRP
-globeROM / or any other ROM you want

That should work 100 %

If you install a fastboot rom with android 5.1, don't forget to flash 5.1 recovery : https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24421527759888487

Then, flash the last rom you want (last global by example) and boot up to your rom. Then flash 7.0 recovery with fastboot command : https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=457095661767135741

Don't flash 7.0 recovery before you install your 7.0 global rom, it will give you a non boot recovery or error 7 when you will try to flash your rom.

neustadt

Postby neustadt » 30 Mar 2017, 15:57

Thanks for the hints. I did not know you can flash fastboot as well as recovery.
I will try that tomorrow together with the new release.

Return to “Mi 4c”