Would it be possible to increase the time limit from 35 minutes to 45 to 60 minutes?

Xiaomi News, Gadgets, new Products and everything related to Xiaomi.

Moderator: dr4kendroid

veeraragavan_n

Would it be possible to increase the time limit from 35 minutes to 45 to 60 minutes?

Postby veeraragavan_n » 21 Jan 2017, 18:18

I've recommended mi-globeROM to many of my friends.Though I've never experienced an issue with the same, many of them came back with one lament, the 35 minutes time limit. In india the speed in urban centers are great but not in rural areas combined with power outages it becomes very diffcult to download large files. Most of them are still on slower internet connection where a 1 GB file will take around 45-60 minutes to complete.

I'm guessing even with a time limit an active thread will continue to complete even beyond 35 minutes & will be deleted once any/all threads accessing the file is completed! But a power outage is not something that people on slower net connections can get away from.

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by veeraragavan_n on 07 Mar 2017, 08:34, edited 1 time in total.

dr4kendroid
Developer / Admin
Developer / Admin
Phone Model: Mi 5
Thanks received: 105

Re: Would it be possible to increase the time limit from 35 minutes to 45 to 60 minutes?

Postby dr4kendroid » 21 Jan 2017, 21:44

veeraragavan_n wrote:I've recommended mi-globeROM to many of my friends.Though I've never experienced an issue with the same, many of them came back with one lament, the 35 minutes time limit. In india the speed in urban centers are great but not in rural areas combined with power outages it becomes very diffcult to download large files. Most of them are still on slower internet connection where a 1 GB file will take around 45-60 minutes to complete.

I'm guessing even with a time limit an active thread will continue to complete even beyond 35 minutes & will be deleted once any/all threads accessing the file is completed!

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

currently you can download default ROMs (without expert settings). They dont have time limitation.
We are working on a solution for this. We will let you know about it in the next changelog.

veeraragavan_n

Re: Would it be possible to increase the time limit from 35 minutes to 45 to 60 minutes?

Postby veeraragavan_n » 07 Mar 2017, 08:35

Oh thanks a lot. That'd be just amazing.

dr4kendroid wrote:
veeraragavan_n wrote:I've recommended mi-globeROM to many of my friends.Though I've never experienced an issue with the same, many of them came back with one lament, the 35 minutes time limit. In india the speed in urban centers are great but not in rural areas combined with power outages it becomes very diffcult to download large files. Most of them are still on slower internet connection where a 1 GB file will take around 45-60 minutes to complete.

I'm guessing even with a time limit an active thread will continue to complete even beyond 35 minutes & will be deleted once any/all threads accessing the file is completed!

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

currently you can download default ROMs (without expert settings). They dont have time limitation.
We are working on a solution for this. We will let you know about it in the next changelog.

paolodev00
Developer / Admin
Developer / Admin
Phone Model: RedMi 3, Mi 5
Thanks received: 40

Postby paolodev00 » 08 Mar 2017, 09:49

we have no timelimit anymore. you can download as much as you want as long as you want.

veeraragavan_n

Postby veeraragavan_n » 17 May 2017, 13:36

Much obliged mate. There are many reasons that mi-globe is just amazing but this especially so. My friends I told you about are going to be thrilled & I'm sure are eternally grateful.

Special thanks for the new additional & great options such as magisksu, supersu or none(the last one especially so). That was so thoughtful guys. Thanks for that.

Is there a donate button/option? Please add that to the site sooner than later.

dr4kendroid
Developer / Admin
Developer / Admin
Phone Model: Mi 5
Thanks received: 105

Postby dr4kendroid » 18 May 2017, 20:21

veeraragavan_n wrote:Much obliged mate. There are many reasons that mi-globe is just amazing but this especially so. My friends I told you about are going to be thrilled & I'm sure are eternally grateful.

Special thanks for the new additional & great options such as magisksu, supersu or none(the last one especially so). That was so thoughtful guys. Thanks for that.

Is there a donate button/option? Please add that to the site sooner than later.

We do not take donations, all our work is free, but thanks for your words :)

But you can surely support us with buying your parts from our partner gearbest.com and telling your friends about our project and forum. We want to grow a large xiaomi community here :)

Return to “General Discussion”