MiGlobe 2.0 - Updated Rom Building Process

Xiaomi News, Gadgets, new Products and everything related to Xiaomi.

Moderator: dr4kendroid

User avatar
dr4kendroid
Developer / Admin
Developer / Admin
Posts: 822
Joined: 21 Nov 2016, 09:20
Phone Model: Mi 5 , Mi 6
Thanks received: 206
Contact:

MiGlobe 2.0 - Updated Rom Building Process

Postby dr4kendroid » 21 Feb 2017, 18:23

Image

Hi Mi-Fans !

Our community is still growing very fast which is great. But our servers are not able to keep everything running fluid anymore.. :/
Every friday our site is very laggy and ROM Building takes more than 10 minutes, because we got so many requests.

This is why we had to rework the whole Rom Building process...

Finally we found a new way to keep the service running with 100 % better usage of resources !
This new process has the following pros and cons:

PRO:
    - ROMs are instantly ready to download
    - No retention time, to download the file you can take as much time as you need !
    - No confusing download table -> create the ROM and download instantly on next click !
    - You can save your configuration string and easily use it for next download !
    - Better usage of our server resources - faster website!

CON:
    - You can not rename the ROM File after download. Filename contains your feature configuration


Filenames will look like the following:
globeROM_v8_gemini_7.2.16_cfg-comwurodtgeblx.zip

The orange part contains information about the features that you have selected on our Rom Builder. You can rename the file as long as you DO NOT change the orange part !

We also fixed lots of bugs which we will let you know in next changelog on friday.

Please let us know about all questions or problems you have.
Have a lot of fun :)
Image
Best Price Xiaomi Products - free shipping worldwide !!!
Just send us PM if you need any coupons ;)

User avatar
realista87
Active Member
Active Member
Posts: 16
Joined: 19 Feb 2017, 02:21
Thanks received: 1

Re: MiGlobe 2.0 - Updated Rom Building Process

Postby realista87 » 21 Feb 2017, 18:57

sorry i need some clarifications......

on your about page i read:
MiUI globeROM default Features:

init.d Support for startup scripts
zipaligned APKs .........
.......
Start creating your own firmware on the “ROM Builder“ and see all the other features you can select and apply to your MiUI globeROM !


then thei i go ro the rom biulder i see create your rom with with default Settings
ok maybe i am stupid.... but what are the default settings?

are these?
Image

...it is not easy to understand......sorry :? :?
if the "default" rom is with all options like in my screenshot.... it's not normal to have by default other ringtones or a beauty mod.
If you do not CLEARLY SPECIFIC that are the default options..... i think that 98% op people that are going to download your rom would choose the expert settings just to me "sure" of what the rom will contain or not contain. it's easy maybe to delete the default option and just keep the expert mode..... statistically only pro members download you rom, so a default rom is useless imho.

User avatar
nitro1
Active Member
Active Member
Posts: 10
Joined: 20 Dec 2016, 07:50
Location: AUSTRIA
Phone Model: MiMIX 256Gb

Re: MiGlobe 2.0 - Updated Rom Building Process

Postby nitro1 » 21 Feb 2017, 20:33

Hi drake!
Download for Mi MIX runs smooth and extremely fast. Flashing perfectly fast!!!
Congrats to 2.0 !!! Perfect piece of work.
Cheers

User avatar
dr4kendroid
Developer / Admin
Developer / Admin
Posts: 822
Joined: 21 Nov 2016, 09:20
Phone Model: Mi 5 , Mi 6
Thanks received: 206
Contact:

Re: MiGlobe 2.0 - Updated Rom Building Process

Postby dr4kendroid » 21 Feb 2017, 21:00

@realista87

We did not change anything about the default ROMs with our new Building process.

Default ROMs contain all the features you see when you press "expert button".
We have made these "default"-settings based on statistic what most users activated when creating ROM.
Image
Best Price Xiaomi Products - free shipping worldwide !!!
Just send us PM if you need any coupons ;)

User avatar
dr4kendroid
Developer / Admin
Developer / Admin
Posts: 822
Joined: 21 Nov 2016, 09:20
Phone Model: Mi 5 , Mi 6
Thanks received: 206
Contact:

Re: MiGlobe 2.0 - Updated Rom Building Process

Postby dr4kendroid » 21 Feb 2017, 21:03

nitro1 wrote:Hi drake!
Download for Mi MIX runs smooth and extremely fast. Flashing perfectly fast!!!
Congrats to 2.0 !!! Perfect piece of work.
Cheers


Thats good news, thanks for reporting :)
Image
Best Price Xiaomi Products - free shipping worldwide !!!
Just send us PM if you need any coupons ;)

User avatar
realista87
Active Member
Active Member
Posts: 16
Joined: 19 Feb 2017, 02:21
Thanks received: 1

Re: MiGlobe 2.0 - Updated Rom Building Process

Postby realista87 » 21 Feb 2017, 21:18

ok, thank you.
one doubt, what it i don't flag the weather app? i think that there will not be any info about weather when you swipe down the status bar, right? same for beauty mod.

but if NO INFO are searched ( because there is no app to update these info) what will a user see in the place?

look at my screenshot
Image

User avatar
andwhale
Active Member
Active Member
Posts: 13
Joined: 29 Jan 2017, 09:25
Phone Model: Mi 4c
Thanks received: 3

Re: MiGlobe 2.0 - Updated Rom Building Process

Postby andwhale » 22 Feb 2017, 11:29

Used a custom configuration to build a rom with center clock and beauty mod for the mi 4c. Both seemed to be installed during flashing process. However, after reboot there were no center clock and beauty mod features enabled. Other than this all is ok.
[cfg-amoedgucyw]

UPD. Advanced reboot options are missing as well.

User avatar
dr4kendroid
Developer / Admin
Developer / Admin
Posts: 822
Joined: 21 Nov 2016, 09:20
Phone Model: Mi 5 , Mi 6
Thanks received: 206
Contact:

Re: MiGlobe 2.0 - Updated Rom Building Process

Postby dr4kendroid » 22 Feb 2017, 12:50

andwhale wrote:Used a custom configuration to build a rom with center clock and beauty mod for the mi 4c. Both seemed to be installed during flashing process. However, after reboot there were no center clock and beauty mod features enabled. Other than this all is ok.
[cfg-amoedgucyw]

UPD. Advanced reboot options are missing as well.

Can you upload /sdcard/globeROM_install.log ? We will look
Image
Best Price Xiaomi Products - free shipping worldwide !!!
Just send us PM if you need any coupons ;)

User avatar
andwhale
Active Member
Active Member
Posts: 13
Joined: 29 Jan 2017, 09:25
Phone Model: Mi 4c
Thanks received: 3

Re: MiGlobe 2.0 - Updated Rom Building Process

Postby andwhale » 22 Feb 2017, 13:48

dr4kendroid wrote:
andwhale wrote:Used a custom configuration to build a rom with center clock and beauty mod for the mi 4c. Both seemed to be installed during flashing process. However, after reboot there were no center clock and beauty mod features enabled. Other than this all is ok.
[cfg-amoedgucyw]

UPD. Advanced reboot options are missing as well.

Can you upload /sdcard/globeROM_install.log ? We will look

Here you go: [url]expired[/url].
Last edited by andwhale on 23 Feb 2017, 11:20, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
dr4kendroid
Developer / Admin
Developer / Admin
Posts: 822
Joined: 21 Nov 2016, 09:20
Phone Model: Mi 5 , Mi 6
Thanks received: 206
Contact:

Re: MiGlobe 2.0 - Updated Rom Building Process

Postby dr4kendroid » 22 Feb 2017, 18:46

andwhale wrote:
dr4kendroid wrote:
andwhale wrote:Used a custom configuration to build a rom with center clock and beauty mod for the mi 4c. Both seemed to be installed during flashing process. However, after reboot there were no center clock and beauty mod features enabled. Other than this all is ok.
[cfg-amoedgucyw]

UPD. Advanced reboot options are missing as well.

Can you upload /sdcard/globeROM_install.log ? We will look

Here you go https://www.dropbox.com/s/stkmddx0p19uu9d/globeROM_install.log?dl=0.


Thank you very much ! With your log file I found the problem.
I have locked the ROM Builder on mi-globe.com. I am reuploading all ROMs - This bug is fixed!

Will unlock the ROM Builder when all fixed ROMs are online.

Thanks for reporting and posting the logfile!
Image
Best Price Xiaomi Products - free shipping worldwide !!!
Just send us PM if you need any coupons ;)


Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Gearbest Tablet-PC Promotion promotion