After flashing a new rum, my information was NOT deleted

Xiaomi News, Gadgets, new Products and everything related to Xiaomi.

Moderator: dr4kendroid

User avatar
samiro
New Member
New Member
Posts: 3
Joined: 26 Mar 2017, 07:23

After flashing a new rum, my information was NOT deleted

Postby samiro » 26 Mar 2017, 07:37

Hello everyone This is my first post in the forum. i really like it.
I have a somewhat strange question, six months ago I flashed a new ROM to my MI4C device, (V8.0.5.0.LXKCNDG.)
and today i flashed the (globeROM_v8_libra_V8.2.1.0.LXKCNDL)
--
I did not do all the steps of flashing TWRP and FASTBOOT etc, because I've done them before, I just power on the phone with VOL + pressed and installed the new rom
--

After all done I did WIPE, then restart and everything worked just fine,
But when the device turned on, I saw that all my apps still exist and all my preferences were saved, it's like I've updated and not flashed a new ROM

How can it be?
I see on the device that it is version V8.2.1.0
But the Android version is 5.1.1 and not 7 as i thought (maybe i am wrong)

Am I doing everything right? Did I miss something, or it is working as it supposed to ?

thank you all.

User avatar
dr4kendroid
Developer / Admin
Developer / Admin
Posts: 867
Joined: 21 Nov 2016, 09:20
Phone Model: Mi 5 , Mi 6
Thanks received: 265
Contact:

Re: After flashing a new rum, my information was NOT deleted

Postby dr4kendroid » 26 Mar 2017, 08:17

samiro wrote:Hello everyone This is my first post in the forum. i really like it.
I have a somewhat strange question, six months ago I flashed a new ROM to my MI4C device, (V8.0.5.0.LXKCNDG.)
and today i flashed the (globeROM_v8_libra_V8.2.1.0.LXKCNDL)
--
I did not do all the steps of flashing TWRP and FASTBOOT etc, because I've done them before, I just power on the phone with VOL + pressed and installed the new rom
--

After all done I did WIPE, then restart and everything worked just fine,
But when the device turned on, I saw that all my apps still exist and all my preferences were saved, it's like I've updated and not flashed a new ROM

How can it be?
I see on the device that it is version V8.2.1.0
But the Android version is 5.1.1 and not 7 as i thought (maybe i am wrong)

Am I doing everything right? Did I miss something, or it is working as it supposed to ?

thank you all.

Please read our FAQ ...
When wiping data - always do it BEFORE flashing the ROM.

Send logfile please, otherwise I cannot tell what happened.
Image
Best Price Xiaomi Products - free shipping worldwide !!!
Just send us PM if you need any coupons ;)

User avatar
samiro
New Member
New Member
Posts: 3
Joined: 26 Mar 2017, 07:23

Re: After flashing a new rum, my information was NOT deleted

Postby samiro » 26 Mar 2017, 08:36

i am new so i dont know where is the logs.
i read the FAQ - i saw " It is recommended to wipe /data before installation when you install globeROM the first time. "
but its not my first time. this is the secound time i flash from mi-globe.com

but Do you advise me to repeat the process or can I use it this way?

Is this why it remains on Android 5?

User avatar
dr4kendroid
Developer / Admin
Developer / Admin
Posts: 867
Joined: 21 Nov 2016, 09:20
Phone Model: Mi 5 , Mi 6
Thanks received: 265
Contact:

Re: After flashing a new rum, my information was NOT deleted

Postby dr4kendroid » 26 Mar 2017, 16:57

Please just follow our How-To and FAQs. You can find logfile information in FAQ.

100 % clean installation:
-Download latest Fastboot ROM from miui.com
-Install Fastboot ROM
-Unlock Bootloader official way
-Install TWRP
-Wipe data
-Download and install globeROM
-if you have any problems upload logfile here.
Image
Best Price Xiaomi Products - free shipping worldwide !!!
Just send us PM if you need any coupons ;)

User avatar
samiro
New Member
New Member
Posts: 3
Joined: 26 Mar 2017, 07:23

Re: After flashing a new rum, my information was NOT deleted

Postby samiro » 26 Mar 2017, 17:11

This is exactly what i done
But i did wipe after flash. Not before

User avatar
tafkab60
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Posts: 60
Joined: 04 Jan 2017, 09:58
Thanks received: 8

Re: After flashing a new rum, my information was NOT deleted

Postby tafkab60 » 28 Mar 2017, 09:20

dr4kendroid wrote:Please read our FAQ ...
When wiping data - always do it BEFORE flashing the ROM.

Send logfile please, otherwise I cannot tell what happened.
regards TafkaB !

User avatar
dr4kendroid
Developer / Admin
Developer / Admin
Posts: 867
Joined: 21 Nov 2016, 09:20
Phone Model: Mi 5 , Mi 6
Thanks received: 265
Contact:

Re: After flashing a new rum, my information was NOT deleted

Postby dr4kendroid » 28 Mar 2017, 11:57

samiro wrote:This is exactly what i done
But i did wipe after flash. Not before

We can only help you when you upload your logfile as described in FAQ.
Image
Best Price Xiaomi Products - free shipping worldwide !!!
Just send us PM if you need any coupons ;)


Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests