Phänomenal Perfomance Tweak!!!

Post your Android / MIUI Mods, Themes, Apps, ...

Moderator: dr4kendroid

henryfatzke
Silver Member
Silver Member
Phone Model: Redmi Note 2
Thanks received: 2

Phänomenal Perfomance Tweak!!!

Postby henryfatzke » 29 Dec 2016, 08:32

Hey Guys,

today i wanna share a outstanting performance tweak! First of all you need rootpermission and to download this App from Playstore named ROEHSOFT RAM-EXPANDER (SWAP)! Im not the owner or developer and get no payment if you buy this app!!! Its just needed for this tweak...

After installation the app will tell you to install a swapfile on your external sd cart BUT what i found is, normal sd cards dont write faster then 10 mb/s, and here coms the tweak...select in the menue choose swapfile directory and select manual chose, and chose /data as install directory, because the internal storage runs much faster then normal sd cards (in my case the programm shows 25 mb/s)!!! then select autostart and superkernel and chose from the left bottom of the page optimized value. last step activate the button swap actve left upper side. this step will take about 2 minutes (give the program autostard permission in security center THIS IS IMPORTAND!!!) and then you have to restart your device... after reboot you will see an enormous speed boost on your device :D
Maby there are better directorys on the internal sd card you can chose, but this is the best one i found, because there was about 20 gigabyte free space :idea:

1) The swapfile needs normally about 3 GB (this space you loose as long you keep this tweak active)
2) You can allso chose your external sd cart for the swapfile, but keep in mind, your internal memory is (in my case) 150% faster... you chose ;)
3) The Programm is very expensive, but the benefits of this software are allso very big!

Hope you like this tweak...happy tweaking :P

Edit: ther is something i forgot, as you can see in my profile, my phone is xiaomi redmi note 2 prime and it got 2 gb ram!
On smartphones with less ram the boost could be bigger and on phones with more ram the boost could be less!!!
what i mean, i dont know the effect with other ram configuration :?:
Last edited by henryfatzke on 29 Dec 2016, 13:38, edited 1 time in total.
My most important Tutorial: Create your own Bootlogo for Noobs :geek:

ray-b

Re: Phänomenal Perfomance Tweak!!!

Postby ray-b » 29 Dec 2016, 10:36

Any clue for optimize the setting? Or just install then thats it?

henryfatzke
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby henryfatzke » 29 Dec 2016, 13:43

the software can do the most automatic, of course you can adjust the settings manual, but for me the automatic settings was perfect :D
the only clue i can tell you is to install the swapfile on the internal storage, this makes the biggest boost

ray-b

Postby ray-b » 30 Dec 2016, 23:09

Not works fine on my system, i feel like my Mi5 performance is decrease (lag, slow response on some apps). I think its not really works well if side by side with some of my xposed apps

henryfatzke
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby henryfatzke » 30 Dec 2016, 23:27

which modules you have installed?
on my phone are allso some modules installed, but they doesnd harm...
which xposed version you run? on my phone is solar warez , not the "normal" version :?:

ray-b

Postby ray-b » 31 Dec 2016, 20:37

Solarwarez too, i use greenify & powernaps, and i already not put ramexpander on greenify list, and put ramexpander for not force sleep on powernaps. But somehow the threesome between ramexpander, greenify & powernaps not really works

henryfatzke
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby henryfatzke » 01 Jan 2017, 02:51

Ok, i tink, this combination is a bit to much maby.
What i wonder is, do the rom optimations from here work good together with greenify? As far i know greenify it works a littlebit against the build in optimations inclouded in this roms here!? Very strange :?:
Hope somone else give more positive feedback to approve im not the only one get this boost.
Maby its, because on my phone often run many apps together :D

fifacuchi
Phone Model: Xiaomi Redmi Pro

Postby fifacuchi » 04 Jan 2017, 02:06

I used to have a Nook Color which I then turned it into a Android tablet running CM 7. I had to do quite same that way to extend much more RAM by using external SD Card (which was slow read & write), but acceptable. As a result, the tablet ran much more smoother otherwise it killed my SD Card for 2 months of usage :(
To Redmi Pro with 3GB of Ram I suppose that there is no need of doing that.
Anyway, your thread is useful and considerable to those who want to give it a try as experiment.

henryfatzke
Silver Member
Silver Member

Postby henryfatzke » 04 Jan 2017, 04:28

thanks for feedback :D

boeseshirn

Postby boeseshirn » 26 Jan 2017, 16:51

------
Last edited by boeseshirn on 22 Jul 2017, 03:39, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General Development”